• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,696 posts in this topic

Anybody know who eBay seller DizneyArt is? Boards-affiliated? I understand they are a dealer but does anyone know where they get their consistently HG books from...they've had some killer books up over the past year or so and have an incredible lot of CGC 9.4/9.6 FFs up right now on eBay...here's a 9.6 #14... :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-14-CGC-NM-9-6-1-Highest-Looks-9-8_W0QQitemZ400061159011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d2580d663&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Anybody know who eBay seller DizneyArt is? Boards-affiliated? I understand they are a dealer but does anyone know where they get their consistently HG books from...they've had some killer books up over the past year or so and have an incredible lot of CGC 9.4/9.6 FFs up right now on eBay...here's a 9.6 #14... :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-14-CGC-NM-9-6-1-Highest-Looks-9-8_W0QQitemZ400061159011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d2580d663&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

DizneyArt is Mark Wilson of www.pgcmint.com and he is a board member in good standing. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I understand they are a dealer but does anyone know where they get their consistently HG books from

Guy's been a dealer for 2 or 3 decades, he probably got these in a trade or just directly from another dealer or collector. I bought the FF 55 in my sig line from him back in 2005 and have bought some of my other FFs from him as well. All he ever buys and sells is nosebleed grades...he bought Schmell's White Mountain CGC 9.4 copies of FF #2 and #5 back in a 2001 MastroNet auction for what seemed at the time like an insane amount and flipped them for probably a far more insane amount.

I understand they are a dealer but does anyone know where they get their consistently HG books from...they've had some killer books up over the past year or so and have an incredible lot of CGC 9.4/9.6 FFs up right now on eBay...

I heard from Mark this morning--he tells me his new batch of listings is a consignment from someone. I think I snagged a few of them--or so I hope. :wishluck:

I understand they are a dealer but does anyone know where they get their consistently HG books from...they've had some killer books up over the past year or so and have an incredible lot of CGC 9.4/9.6 FFs up right now on eBay...

I heard from Mark this morning--he tells me his new batch of listings is a consignment from someone. I think I snagged a few of them--or so I hope. :wishluck:

I picked up the #35. :cloud9: I wanted to pick up the #38 too, but somebody beat me to the punch. Maybe it was you?

ff35.jpg

I picked up the #35. :cloud9: I wanted to pick up the #38 too, but somebody beat me to the punch. Maybe it was you?

Yea, 'twas me. I'm pretty sure this is the second time I've seen that book for sale as I remember the top staple placement; I think it last sold in 2002 or 2003. I considered grabbing the #35 briefly...yours is a page quality upgrade, but I decided to stick with the one I have. He may have to lower his price on the #14, but who knows--these guys paying the big multiples of market value of late may just gobble it up as soon as it blips their radar. :insane: I've already got a nice 14 so I won't be going for it.

Both the #35 and #38 sold back in 2007 for $500 less than what we paid for them. GPA actually came in handy for once. lol I'd say whoever was the original owner made a nice profit off of us. :insane: I'm honestly surprised somebody paid $850 for the #63 though. Maybe that was you too lol. Then again, I paid I paid $650 for a #60 9.6 copy from Mark a couple years ago and those have been selling for about $1500 a pop on the ComicLink focused auctions lately.

BTW, a #34 9.4 with OW/W pages sold on 3/18/09 Comiclink focused auctions for $905. Somebody will probably pick up the PGC copy. :)

ff35.jpg

Great cover, great looking copy. :applause:

Both the #35 and #38 sold back in 2007 for $500 less than what we paid for them. GPA actually came in handy for once. lol I'd say whoever was the original owner made a nice profit off of us. :insane:

How do you know it was these exact same copies? GPA has no serial numbers for the sales you're referencing.

And yea, the 63 was me -- I don't think a more perfect copy of that issue is possible. Perfect centering, perfect PQ...that issue is tooooo often miswrapped, this is the first nicely wrapped 9.6 I've ever seen, at least from 2000 to 2005 and in 2009, I wasn't even looking from 2006 to 2008.

Both the #35 and #38 sold back in 2007 for $500 less than what we paid for them. GPA actually came in handy for once. lol I'd say whoever was the original owner made a nice profit off of us. :insane:

How do you know it was these exact same copies? GPA has no serial numbers for the sales you're referencing.

And yea, the 63 was me -- I don't think a more perfect copy of that issue is possible. Perfect centering, perfect PQ...that issue is tooooo often miswrapped, this is the first nicely wrapped 9.6 I've ever seen, at least from 2000 to 2005 and in 2009, I wasn't even looking from 2006 to 2008.

tis a beauty. i like mine too.

776909-013.jpg

Check the Edenwald pedigree on GPA for the #38. :gossip:

Whoa, glad you pointed that out, Mark didn't note that it was Edenwald. Guess I'll try to figure out what the deal with that collection is now.

Just in, all 9.4's

60,62,66,68,78,79,81,84,87,92,93,98 and 99....woohoooooooo!!

Steve

:applause: Several cool covers and stories in the mix there, Steve, including issues 60, 66, 79, 84, 87 and 92. Congrats!

Just in, all 9.4's

Steve

:applause: Several cool covers and stories in the mix there, Steve, including issues 60, 66, 79, 84, 87 and 92. Congrats!

Thanks Bob!

Just in, all 9.4's

Steve

Thanks Bob!

Let's see some scans! :makepoint:

Where'dja get 'em? All at once?