• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

$10,000.00 FOR FF #61 IN 9.8??????? (SEE PEDIGREE RECENT SALES!!!)

(Sorry for the ALL caps, but WTF?????)

Why is everyone so surprised by all these huge sales for uber high graded FF copies? It's dubbed the world's greatest magazine for crying out loud (:

Looks like it! :headbang:

WHITE PAGER!

RADD3FD32009811_95339.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

Bizarre that there are three high grade copies of #12 up for sale simultaneously--a 9.4 and a 9.2 on ComicLink and a 9.4 on Pedigree. You can go a year or two without seeing this book in 9.0 or better, and now BLAM, three at once. :insane: ComicLink and Pedigree running such packed auctions at the same time, ending within a day or two of each other, seems like it will detract final amounts from both. I guess that's just the way it goes though given that ComicLink runs their auction every single month.

Bizarre that there are three high grade copies of #12 up for sale simultaneously--a 9.4 and a 9.2 on ComicLink and a 9.4 on Pedigree. You can go a year or two without seeing this book in 9.0 or better, and now BLAM, three at once. :insane: ComicLink and Pedigree running such packed auctions at the same time, ending within a day or two of each other, seems like it will detract final amounts from both. I guess that's just the way it goes though given that ComicLink runs their auction every single month.

Buy all three and corner the market... :baiting::insane:

WHITE PAGER!

BIG TIME BOOK. Sky's the limit on this one :takeit:

WHITE PAGER!

White pages....decent centering....great gloss....I think 40 K is a VERY conservative estimate. I say 52 K ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I picked up these two guys yesterday. I think the 9.4 copy of #12 ran in front of this 9.2 like a bid-blocker, because it went for about 30% less than the last copy. I just noticed too that this 9.2 is like 1/4" wider than the 9.4 above. The 12 cent circle on both copies line up EXACTLY the same with the left edge, yet the 9.2 has nothing cut off on the right side through the Comics Code symbol plus a bit of room to the right side of the "12 MAR." box.

ff12.jpg

ff48.jpg

I picked up these two guys yesterday. I think the 9.4 copy of #12 ran in front of this 9.2 like a bid-blocker, because it went for about 30% less than the last copy. I just noticed too that this 9.2 is like 1/4" wider than the 9.4 above. The 12 cent circle on both copies line up EXACTLY the same with the left edge, yet the 9.2 has nothing cut off on the right side through the Comics Code symbol plus a bit of room to the right side of the "12 MAR." box.

ff12.jpg

ff48.jpg

The cover stock on your copy appears to be whiter than the 9.4, also. I'd like to see a scan of the back cover when you get it. I know I don't have to tell you what a great deal you got on that 9.2. GOD BLESS...

WHITE PAGER!

White pages....decent centering....great gloss....I think 40 K is a VERY conservative estimate. I say 52 K ....GOD BLESS...

Wonder if it's been pressed. That upper right edge is sharp as a prickly pin !