• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

WOW.

No silver X-Men post since before Christmas.

Well I am starting to move over into the Silver age from the Bronze so that will change.

Here is a book I just purchased from Steve Borock this morning before the ascension. lol

X-Men15CGC75.jpg

WOW.

No silver X-Men post since before Christmas.

Well I am starting to move over into the Silver age from the Bronze so that will change.

Here is a book I just purchased from Steve Borock this morning before the ascension. lol

X-Men15CGC75.jpg

Great book, Arcade. Welcome to the Silver Age Arena. :applause:

Anyone out there. :cry: (Shouts into the wind.)

Am I the only one collecting theses things now. (shrug)

Anyway it should be obvious I am not really after super high grade on these right now, though 7.5 seems to be my low cut off point at the moment.

After I fill in most of my holes I will worry about upgrading them.

So what are the hard to get in grade books from this run? 1-93.

I know 1-66 are new and 67-93 are reprints. I know Neal Adams did a few covers, but which books are the most difficult to acquire besides #1-10?

Anyway it should be obvious I am not really after super high grade on these right now, though 7.5 seems to be my low cut off point at the moment.

I know 1-66 are new and 67-93 are reprints. I know Neal Adams did a few covers, but which books are the most difficult to acquire besides #1-10?

If you are looking for 7.5 or under, it shouldn't be hard to find any of these books. It's when you get to 9.4 or higher, that it get's a little tough to find them. Out of the 11-93 run; 73, 74 and 79 are the toughest to find in 9.0 or higher. And they get very pricey in those grades.

If you are looking for 7.5 or under, it shouldn't be hard to find any of these books. It's when you get to 9.4 or higher, that it get's a little tough to find them. Out of the 11-93 run; 73, 74 and 79 are the toughest to find in 9.0 or higher. And they get very pricey in those grades.

Thanks Casey.

I am however doing 7.5 and over, not under.

I will probably make most of the reprint issues 8.5 or higher

I have spent so much on my high grade bronze run that it will be nice to buy cheap books again.

I will keep an eye out for good copies of 73,74 and 79.

Thanks,

Leon.

Edited by Arcade

This has not yet arrived but I will be very happy when it does.....

x36f.jpg

:tonofbricks:

Congrats Casey...I'm glad you and Doc both reap the benefits, you obviously get a much superior book and Doc gets your cast off. :cloud9:

Jim

...and you're getting to be a pain in the ass.

:tonofbricks:

Congrats Casey...I'm glad you and Doc both reap the benefits, you obviously get a much superior book and Doc gets your cast off. :cloud9:

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I am very happy to add a WM to my collection. :grin: