• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

There is a decent amount of competition for the SA run. At least there seems to be when I was acquiring my run. :tonofbricks: As far as ranking with the other titles listed, it was on par if not higher than Avengers prior to the Avengers movie buzz. I don't know about the Hulk but it ranks below FF and Spidey in terms of value. I think they are undervalued.

Of course there are thousands of X-Men collectors for 94-143. Where does the Silver Age run rank. Is there as much competition. Does it rank up there with Spidey, Hulk, Avengers, and FF.

It’s what I’m currently working on. I’m trying to get 1-400 and I already had 86-400 by combining my dad’s collection w/ mine. Almost there I need 38 more books. :applause:

Then I start the harder and more expensive task of Sidey 1-500. :frustrated:

:grin: (thumbs u

I'am just starting my x-men run and looks like i have a looong way to go. :(

Gotta start somewhere.

Which books are you looking for first? Raw or graded?

Or do you just plan to purchase whatever comes available at the time?

I completed my 94-143 run first.

Now I am working on 1-93, which is going to take me longer.

Edited by Arcade

My advice would be to work on the silver age run first. Prices on the bronze age run seem a little soft and may come down more. I would start with that number 2. That would be an awesome book for any collection,

Of course I am working on the 94-143 run first as well. So I guess it is one of those do as I say and not as I do.

My advice would be to work on the silver age run first. Prices on the bronze age run seem a little soft and may come down more. I would start with that number 2. That would be an awesome book for any collection,

Of course I am working on the 94-143 run first as well. So I guess it is one of those do as I say and not as I do.

Yea. I had to complete the 94-143 run first because those are the books I grew up reading.

i only need these 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 74, 90 to have a complete run of x-men/uncanny

and the more expensive 3-4 covers of 500

don't really have meny in cgc, all were raw submissions except the 475, and have a 244 at cgc right now think it will come back a 9.4 maybe 9.6, and about 3-4 that i will send in at some point

x-men 94 5.0

x-men 99 6.5

uncanny x-men 475 sketch 9.8

GS x-men 1 1.5

UncannyX-Men95.jpg

UncannyX-Men101.jpg

UncannyX-Men134.jpg

UncannyX-Men266.jpg