• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Congrats on the Avengers # 1. :applause:

What do you put it's grade at?

Probably a 3.0 or so.

There is a nasty gouge running the height of the second E in the logo up into the Iron Man burst. The paper is still there but it's a rip nonetheless. But the staples are tight, the colors are better than my scanner does it justice, and the pages are off white. There's some creasing here and there and the little chip out at the bottom of the cover. The interior is really nice though.

I'm going to send it off to CGC as soon as I get sick of flipping through it and just holding a book I've wanted off and on for 30 years (no exaggeration).

These are some of my recent additions.

Drew, you and I need to get together sometime cause I think we step on each other's toes a lot when it comes to grabbing HG Avengers books.

Avengers19.jpg

Avengers40.jpg

And my best purchase in a while. I didn't cost me the left testicle I thought it would.

Avengers93.jpg

:cloud9:

Wow!

:applause: Very nice. Where did you pick these up?

Pedigree. Also picked up a #119 in 9.6 W, which I posted in the Bronze forum. (thumbs u

hm I haven't visited Pedigree in a long time, maybe I should stop by.

I'm going to send it off to CGC as soon as I get sick of flipping through it and just holding a book I've wanted off and on for 30 years (no exaggeration).

Fantastic!! Good luck with CGC :wishluck:

I keep looking for a #1 in a grade I can afford, but haven't found one yet. Hoping it isn't another 30 years for ME...

Fantastic!! Good luck with CGC :wishluck:

I keep looking for a #1 in a grade I can afford, but haven't found one yet. Hoping it isn't another 30 years for ME...

I'm hoping to start looking for one around 6.5/7.0ish next year. What grade range do you think you'll look for Andrew?

I'm thinking 6.0-7.0 too. I've been looking around, and a decent 6.0 sold on Ebay for $1K recently. If I put a hold on my lower value purchases for a month or two, I could swing $1 to 1.5K... Maybe it'll happen this summer...

I'm thinking 6.0-7.0 too. I've been looking around, and a decent 6.0 sold on Ebay for $1K recently. If I put a hold on my lower value purchases for a month or two, I could swing $1 to 1.5K... Maybe it'll happen this summer...

That is always the problem. Can't afford the big books because I keep buying zillions of little guys. I'm an addict and I can't hold off for the big books, sniff.

Blazing Bob has a pretty decent 6.0 OW/W #1 for sale.

http://www.highgradecomics.com/book_details.php?id=56972

Maybe you could do a cash + trade deal with him? hm

Thanks, Bill and Jeff! I saw those two Ebay listings and I'm keeping an eye on the 7.0. The BIN on that 6.5 is pretty steep for a C/OW copy, especially when it's in the same price range as Bob's copy... and Bob's copy is already pricey for a 6.0.

I'd seen the listing for Bob's copy, and it looks really sharp. The edges and corners are some of the best I've seen on an Avengers #1. There's some creasing down the left side, but is that the only reason it got a 6.0? Hmmm. (Think I'll call CGC and get the graders' notes on this one.)

Edited by drewincanada

The BIN on that 6.5 is pretty steep for a C/OW copy,

Silveracre always overprice by a hell of a lot, they're the British Milehigh Comics. :gossip: