• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Here's my most recent addition. It's an upgrade from a slightly lower grade copy. The cover alignment with the spine isn't great, but at least it's straight! And I like the white pages.

Sorry the bottom is cut off. It isn't my scan.

avengers76-96.jpg

Hey now, lets not get crazy. No reason for the FF to change lol. Pretty good creation from the get go. Invisible girl certainly changed powers.

That's true but it was very early on. How much have they changed since the end of the Silver Age? Every time a writer tries to show some character growth in Johnny Storm for example, the next writer comes along and regresses him to being an immature fool. I guess at least they don't need a deal with Mephisto to wipe out any progress. lol

Hey now, lets not get crazy. No reason for the FF to change lol. Pretty good creation from the get go. Invisible girl certainly changed powers.

That's true but it was very early on. How much have they changed since the end of the Silver Age? Every time a writer tries to show some character growth in Johnny Storm for example, the next writer comes along and regresses him to being an immature fool. I guess at least they don't need a deal with Mephisto to wipe out any progress. lol

True they are pretty well locked in time. Tho they did have the She Hulk, Black Panther Medusa changes to their lineup. Of course any change was short lived.

These are some of my recent additions.

Drew, you and I need to get together sometime cause I think we step on each other's toes a lot when it comes to grabbing HG Avengers books.

Avengers19.jpg

Avengers40.jpg

And my best purchase in a while. I didn't cost me the left testicle I thought it would.

Avengers93.jpg

Drew, you and I need to get together sometime cause I think we step on each other's toes a lot when it comes to grabbing HG Avengers books.

[insert scans of 3 really fine HG Avengers books here]

OMFG! Those are fantastic. The 19 is excellent, but that #40 is really sweet. Cover alignment is superb, and the top corners could poke your eye out. Wish I could see the bottom edge...

Cheetah - let's talk. I'm happy to keep off your toes. PM me.

Andrew

Avengers19.jpg

Avengers40.jpg

And my best purchase in a while. I didn't cost me the left testicle I thought it would.

Avengers93.jpg

Very nice books, beautiful copy of issue 19