• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Man does that 56 bring back memories.That's the first Avengers that I ever bought off the stands.That # 9 is a real nice copy....it wouldn't happen to be one of Blazing Bob's world famous 8.5's would it ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

p.s. He's got a nice Avengers 3 in 8.0 on his site...looks to be a very recent pickup

Wow, you'd think I collected Avengers or something, but this arrived on my doorstep today.

OhioAvengers4.jpg

It's funny, I was in the middle of writing the Ohio chapter of the pedigree book and I took a break to do a CL search and this popped up. I knew I had to have it and that it was karma :)

Jim

Wow, you'd think I collected Avengers or something, but this arrived on my doorstep today.

OhioAvengers4.jpg

It's funny, I was in the middle of writing the Ohio chapter of the pedigree book and I took a break to do a CL search and this popped up. I knew I had to have it and that it was karma :)

Jim

:o:golfclap:

I wondered who pulled the trigger on that one. Beeee-ooo-tee-ful, and reasonably priced, relatively speaking. WAY out of my league, though! I can only dream and drool.

I remember seeing this copy of Avengers #4 at a Philly comic con back in the early nineties. Even among an array of 4-5 copies of this ish, the Ohio copy stood out for its amazing white cover. It's a beautiful book.

Here are some early Avengers Annuals that you don't see posted very often :

avga-2538x780.jpg

Another of my favourite covers. :cloud9:

Nice. I love pre Break-Up Avengers.

I always loved the Avengers because the lineup changed so often. Or Antman changed his name and powers.

Yeah, the characters were allowed to grow and develop unlike the FF who have virtually stagnated.