• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how I can blow up the scan of #1 & #3 w/ out losing the clarity ?

I do not have these books in hand , ........yet .................THX. ..BH

cb90_1AVGSlotE-Bay-1-1.jpg

Way to go on the early Avengers bh!

One of my all time favorite Avenger covers that arrived late last week.

Sorry for the lousy pic and still not having a scanner, yet. :blush:

Picture707.jpg

Fantastic book and a classic cover, congrats Fay! :applause:

Does anyone know how I can blow up the scan of #1 & #3 w/ out losing the clarity ?

I do not have these books in hand , ........yet .................THX. ..BH

cb90_1AVGSlotE-Bay-1-1.jpg

Awesome set to pick up BH, the 3, 6 and 8 are easily some of my favorite early Avengers :cloud9:

A few recent pickups from WW Chicago..........

Three from Dale Roberts....

av18.jpg

av72.jpg

av89.jpg

And three more from blazing Bob Storms....

av28.jpg

av109.jpg

av126.jpg

Dale and Bob had a lot of great books and I could have easily bought a dozen more.

Bill - some beautiful books from Dale and Bob, especially that #18! Sweet! Congratulations. If this is the kind of raw stuff you're finding at the Chicago con, I'm going to have to make the trip one of these years.

I posted this in the grading forum (both front and back pics) - and I'd love to get your grades, so drop by there and let me know what you think.

In the meantime, here's the front cover. It arrived last week while I was on vacation, and I think the seller described it accurately. I'm very pleased.

avengers01F_SMALL.jpg

Beautiful books Bill! :applause:

And congrats on the #1 Drew! There are a ton of those showing up around here lately :cloud9:

Looks like a solid 3.0 - 3.5, too bad about that crease though

And congrats on the #1 Drew! There are a ton of those showing up around here lately :cloud9:

I think I must have missed them, I can't get any replys to my WTB. :cry:

Bill - some beautiful books from Dale and Bob, especially that #18! Sweet! Congratulations. If this is the kind of raw stuff you're finding at the Chicago con, I'm going to have to make the trip one of these years.

Thanks.

Bob and Dale will both probably be in Baltimore in September..... hm

I posted this in the grading forum (both front and back pics) - and I'd love to get your grades, so drop by there and let me know what you think.

In the meantime, here's the front cover. It arrived last week while I was on vacation, and I think the seller described it accurately. I'm very pleased.

avengers01F_SMALL.jpg

Nice! :applause: Are you going to get it graded?

Thanks.

Bob and Dale will both probably be in Baltimore in September..... hm

Actually, I am not going to Baltimore this year. Marc gets a nice crowd in, but it is not a good venue for sales. Last year I was set up next to Ted and across from Bob, and we were swatting flies most of the convention. I know Harley did okay, but over half his sales were on 1 book (a VG/F AF #15) and he purchased that book at the show and didn't make that much on it.

Probably send it off in the fall. I want to enjoy it in raw state for a few months! :cloud9:

Consensus seems to be that it's a 3.5, which is what I thought, too. We'll see. It MIGHT come back as a 3.0, but I'm going to remain optimistic.

Edited by drewincanada

av18.jpg

Dale and Bob had a lot of great books and I could have easily bought a dozen more.

That is a beautiful copy. Absolutely perfect. Nice pickup.

Thanks. I've been looking for a nice copy of #18 for a long time. I was pretty lucky to find a raw copy in this condition.

Probably send it off in the fall. I want to enjoy it in raw state for a few months! :cloud9:

Consensus seems to be that it's a 3.5, which is what I thought, too. We'll see. It MIGHT come back as a 3.0, but I'm going to remain optimistic.

3.5 sounds about right to me. I need to get my #1 graded sometime soon also. It has a bit more spine wear than yours, so I'll be thrilled if it gets a 3.0.

av18.jpg

That is a beautiful copy. Absolutely perfect. Nice pickup.

I agree. :applause:

3.5 sounds about right to me. I need to get my #1 graded sometime soon also. It has a bit more spine wear than yours, so I'll be thrilled if it gets a 3.0.

Nah, why bother. Just sell it to me and find a higher grade copy. You will be much happier, trust me. ;)

Nah, why bother. Just sell it to me and find a higher grade copy. You will be much happier, trust me. ;)

:hi:

An upgrade is in the plans, but finding one to upgrade to (without paying an arm and a leg for it) is proving to be difficult. :eek: