• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Personally, I don't care much for signatures. I've never sought out SS books. From what I've seen here, SS collectors appear to be a relatively small segment of the collecting scene.

But really, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. If YOU like sigs, then go for it.

As for grading, as many here will tell you, buy the book, not the grade. You can find books in a fairly wide range of conditions that all have the same CGC grade on their slabs.

P

lol knowing how to scan and having a decent scanner are, at least in this case, two different things. I thought it was a good buy on eBay...but I was wrong.

Avengers 88 is listed as having a second printing. Does anyone know if this was a modern reprinting or if it occurred immediately after the first printing. Anyone know how to tell the second printing from the first?

Avengers 88 is listed as having a second printing. Does anyone know if this was a modern reprinting or if it occurred immediately after the first printing. Anyone know how to tell the second printing from the first?

Interesting. Jeff, I found this info on mycomicshop.com:

Avengers (1963-1996 1st Series) 2nd Printing #88

Marvel: 1994

Original cover price: $0.15

More information... This is the 2nd printing. The 2nd printing has a stridex ad on the back cover.

Great stuff, Andrew. I should have thought to check there. It answers a number of questions I had about some other titles, too.

It looks like there is a #4 reprint, too.

Interesting. Jeff, I found this info on mycomicshop.com:

Avengers (1963-1996 1st Series) 2nd Printing #88

Marvel: 1994

Original cover price: $0.15

More information... This is the 2nd printing. The 2nd printing has a stridex ad on the back cover.

I was looking through a friends duplicates recently to buy and spotted a beautiful copy of the book. I got really excited till he pointed out it was a second print doh!