• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,731 posts in this topic

Ghost Town's books are really amazing...and after looking at those I'm embarrassed to post these pieces of drek I picked up a long time ago for a dollar each...

17048031365_16679de015_c.jpg

16860466290_94ace3e003_c.jpg

17022001576_effda505a7_c.jpg

16427852473_c1b303ec7a_c.jpg

17047168711_b2467de1f5_c.jpg

16425551954_dffe3c432f_c.jpg

Or this one I got for free...

22115664572_d7e815b9ca_c.jpg

:sorry:

I'd be proud to show those off (worship)

Finally completed my run in 2016 with a trade for #1 (and a spare #4). Gave up a stack of 18 books from Gold to Bronze, probably highlighted by an ASM 129. But I am complete. It is my all-time favorite title, and I will read it straight through before ever parting with it.

My favorite story arcs in addition to the obvious classics are the Korvac saga, the Count Nefaria trilogy, and the long Masters of Evil storyline that culminated in #275, off the top of my head.

Avengers #4 is probably my favorite book, and the last one I will part with, along with Flash 123, if I can help it. To me, they symbolize everything I have loved about comics with the melding of the golden age history into the silver and thus the rise to prominence of continuity.

Finally completed my run in 2016 with a trade for #1 (and a spare #4). Gave up a stack of 18 books from Gold to Bronze, probably highlighted by an ASM 129. But I am complete. It is my all-time favorite title, and I will read it straight through before ever parting with it.

My favorite story arcs in addition to the obvious classics are the Korvac saga, the Count Nefaria trilogy, and the long Masters of Evil storyline that culminated in #275, off the top of my head.

Avengers #4 is probably my favorite book, and the last one I will part with, along with Flash 123, if I can help it. To me, they symbolize everything I have loved about comics with the melding of the golden age history into the silver and thus the rise to prominence of continuity.

Feels good to complete a run, doesn't it? I'm not sure if I have a complete run of anything...except maybe Eagle Comics from 1945...it was two issues... lol

Feels good to complete a run, doesn't it? I'm not sure if I have a complete run of anything...except maybe Eagle Comics from 1945...it was two issues... lol

It does, but I found that for myself I had to keep it selective or my head would explode. I started working on every damn mid-size bronze run out there and damn near went insane from SVTU, Freedom Fighters, Prez, Champions, Stalker, Secret Society of Super Villains, etc.

Remaining sets now are just Avengers (mind you, I mean only 1-402), Iron Man (same thing, original run, 1-332), Defenders (1-152) and the entire Marvel Godzilla run from childhood, mostly because Herb Trimpe and Dan Green autographed the whole thing for me when I was a teenager.

Everything else got read once more and dealt off in trade. But I'm off-topic, sorry! :preach:

Thanks, Peter. I'll probably give them a closer look one of these years.

Some earlier issues again. The #15 is one of the very few books I have in an old holder that suffers from newton rings.

31485737814_4a50fa717d_b.jpg

30312133155_76b3ec335b_b.jpg

30312132735_b86df69ea3_b.jpg

None of the comics you posted with their old serial numbers have the pages sticking out or a twisted front cover. Really sweet to see high grade comics the way they're meant to look. (thumbs u