• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why dont some people use paypal?

56 posts in this topic

Think about this:

You are a seller on ebay. You know ebay is getting a chunk for your auctions. If you used PayPal ebay gets again(I believe ebay owns PayPal), perhaps double dipping doesn't sit right, philosophically. So, Check and MO's.

Do I use PayPal? Yep. That's because I believe it helps me get more bids. But if your feel PayPal is an "Evil" corporation, then I can see where someone wouldn't use them. At all. Whatsoever. With sugar on top!!! grin.gif

I don't use ebay and after reading many charge back stories several years ago I never bothered reopening an account.

you mean PayPal right?

Yeah I would have considered reopening an PP account but after reading those stories and ebay also taking over PP I decided not to bother.

I don't care for Paypal but I use it for almost all my internet transactions due to it convenience. I don't like getting money orders and mailing out checks. My time, and gas money, order fees, (especially my time) are worth more than the Paypal fees, Plus most people seem to like to pay me using it.

It's not really double dipping. The fees ebay charges for auctions is one thing. The fee PayPal charges is basically the equivalent of a credit card transaction fee. So you're paying fees for different "services".

When I was ramping up my comic sales efforts a few years ago I looked into getting set up as a merchant to accept CC transactions. It was a significantly more cumbersome process than PayPal. I have no problem having PayPal take out their fees for the service provided.

I agree with NM that it's certainly more convenient to accept paypal and transfer funds into a bank account than run to the bank every time a few MOs come in. When I lived in Iowa going to the bank was no big deal. Now that I live in the Chicago area, it's more of a hassle to make those errand-ish trips.

I've been using PayPal for something like 6 years and not had any problems (knock on wood). I did have one issue and their customer service group was very difficult to get ahold of, but once I got them, it all worked out.

My two cents. I know there are a lot of people who have had issues and problems with PayPal. I hope I remain a non-member of that club.

Think about this:

You are a seller on ebay. You know ebay is getting a chunk for your auctions. If you used PayPal ebay gets again(I believe ebay owns PayPal), perhaps double dipping doesn't sit right, philosophically. So, Check and MO's.

Do I use PayPal? Yep. That's because I believe it helps me get more bids. But if your feel PayPal is an "Evil" corporation, then I can see where someone wouldn't use them. At all. Whatsoever. With sugar on top!!! grin.gif

I don't care for Paypal but I use it for almost all my internet transactions due to it convenience. I don't like getting money orders and mailing out checks. My time, and gas money, order fees, (especially my time) are worth more than the Paypal fees, Plus most people seem to like to pay me using it.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I've decided to start accepting PayPal only. For one, it makes sure your buyer has a PayPal account. It will eliminate many newbs and kids, and ensures the buyer's identity (well, most of the time it should reduce the number of buyers with false identities). And, I don't have to wait on money orders (which can now be fraud). I don't think there's any increased risk with PayPal. I've used it since 1999, and have never had a chargeback or any problems. You hear about people having problems with their credit cards, checkbooks, and bank account info getting stolen, and you don't quit using those.

I haven't used paypal in a long time, because I only have about a $1 in my account. stooges.gif

Seriously, I do enjoy using paypal for both sales and purchases. I usually try to sell enough stuff, to purchase a comic. I appreciate those who pay with paypal. I have to take the MO's to the bank, and then do a transfer into my paypal account.

I've decided to start accepting PayPal only. For one, it makes sure your buyer has a PayPal account. It will eliminate many newbs and kids, and ensures the buyer's identity (well, most of the time it should reduce the number of buyers with false identities). And, I don't have to wait on money orders (which can now be fraud). I don't think there's any increased risk with PayPal. I've used it since 1999, and have never had a chargeback or any problems. You hear about people having problems with their credit cards, checkbooks, and bank account info getting stolen, and you don't quit using those.

My last round of Ebay auctions were Paypal only. I'll still accept Money Orders if asked, but I really don't want the bother. Pay me instantly with Paypal...and I can get your books out the next day. thumbsup2.gif

My last round of Ebay auctions were Paypal only. I'll still accept Money Orders if asked, but I really don't want the bother. Pay me instantly with Paypal...and I can get your books out the next day. thumbsup2.gif

You just described me perfectly here. That's exactly what I do and how I feel.