• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Thanks to you both. As we say on the East Coast, it's not the heat, it's the humidity...

The 120 was a raw purchase from Harley Yee - I still enjoy buying raw books from Harley and other dealers at shows, where I can grade them for myself. The 116 I've had as an unslabbed book for a long time, and so can't remember where I got it from.

I wish I had more raw gems in my Strange Tales run, but I'm afraid I don't. Best remaining raw book is probably a midgrade copy of 101 with good colors and a decent cut. I'm having a White Mountain 132 graded now, but it's got some minor flaws and won't get a top grade.

It took me 10 years, but with the arrival of the copy of ST 136 CGC 9.0 I just purchased in Brent's last auction I am now finished 135-168! :banana:

They break down as follows:

- 21 CGCs (two are cracked) and 13 raw (7 are from Marnin)

- CGCs include 1 @ 9.0, 7 @ 9.2, 11 @ 9.4 and 2 @ 9.6

- I grade the raws as 5 @ NM-, 5 @ NM, 3 @ NM+

- Peds include 1 Mass, 3 Mile High II, 1 Big Apple, 3 Winnipeg, 4 Boston, 1 Oakland

- I also have a CGC 8.0 copy of Annual 2 which is not pictured below.

What I am most proud of is the structure of the books: no cream pages, no miscuts, only 1 slight miswrap on 146, no cover tanning, no back cover problems. Every book is square and clean all around. :cloud9:

For those who are interested, the hardest books to find in grade are 136, 146 and 166. The 666 of Strange Tales collecting. hm

StrangeTales-1.jpg

StrangeTales-2.jpg

StrangeTales-3.jpg

StrangeTales-4.jpg

StrangeTales-5.jpg

StrangeTales-6.jpg

StrangeTales-7.jpg