• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of Oldies but Goodies from my Original purchases at Sid's Luncheonette, that i sold a couple of years ago;

st_105_001.jpg

st_105_003.jpg

st_105.jpg

st_105_002.jpg

Nice books Harry!

I would grade both at 9.2, but given your luck with CGC, you probably got 8.5-9.0 foreheadslap.gif (many of your Sid's Luncheonnette I found where undergraded, at least from the scans)

What were the grade on those ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i got more 9.4's on ST books than any other title, including both of these. the 105 had ow/w pgs and the 115 had ow............ cool.gif

Man, that is one bright and fresh looking book!

WM copy. cool.gif

WM copy. cool.gif

What a surprise. wink.gif

Did you get these books when they were sold at the Sotheby's auctions, or did you pick them up later? Regardless, they're incredible. 893applaud-thumb.gif

WM copy. cool.gif

What a surprise. wink.gif

Did you get these books when they were sold at the Sotheby's auctions, or did you pick them up later? Regardless, they're incredible. 893applaud-thumb.gif

None from Sothebys. Only a portion of the collection was sold that way.

This was an eBay book.

Many were Overstreet's that he bought when they were first marketed by Wiest.

It was just a 9.0 when it was slabbed -- small numeralsl.

It was just a 9.0 when it was slabbed -- small numeralsl.

893whatthe.gif these annuals are ridiculously hard to find in high grade. I can appreciate that you enjoy having your copies raw. Maybe one day I'll crack my ST's just to feel them in hand and read them but for now I rotate them in my home office like works of art.

I think pedigree has the 9.4 copy at $12K.

"Just a 9.0" is very impressive. Congrats!

I just took a look at pedigree and that is one smoking copy. I wasn't sure there would be a true nm on that book but that one looks like it qualifies in every way.

Unfortunately, it's a bit out of my price range. crazy.gif

A couple of meager contributions to this cool thread. Both are, at last check, the 2nd highest graded copies and both are extremely nice for their grades.

My favorite Kirby Monster cover of all time: cloud9.gif

ST80.JPG

Not a prototype issue, as it appeared in the same month as FF # 3, but certainly worthy of its Overstreet notation of "Thing-like creature":

StrangeTales_94_85.jpg