• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,132 posts in this topic

DD needs more lovin'

The dudes been consistently the best Marvel read for the better part of 10-15 years now if not longer!

Every other book has had tons of lulls... Haven't really ever felt that way with DD!

This is right, but some early issues (before Gene Colan) were weak. Also, I still hold the opinion that Frank Miller took too many liberties with the character. I think I have never liked his Daredevil in full. I love the Steve Gerber run, which sooner or later I will complete.

My opinion about Bendis is that he is not a Marvel comics writer. He happens to write Marvel comics, because he’s OK to the current management, but they feel like being written by someone which does not care at all about the character. Same goes for Hickman and Fraction.

Brubaker, may be, I have read some Captain America recently but really watered down, while I have heard great praises for Mark Waid on Daredevil.

I disliked the brief Waid run on the FF (my favorite series) but it seems he brought back into Daredevil essential elements neglected in all the post-Miller period.

I don’t even want to talk about Dan Slott, and thankfully I am not affected to Spidey to the point of feeling bad as I have been for the FF with all the recent writers. :P