• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,132 posts in this topic

I still have to pick up a #16 and #17. :( AND a #4... #8... #37 and #38... DOOM :sumo: And a #81... and a #132... and... and... :ohnoez:

DD #38 was one of the first early DD books I ever bought. I fell in love with that Colan cover. My LCS actually had a small number of back issues then (mid 90's) and I got it pretty cheap. How many do you need? Are you looking for all of them in high grade or slabbed or something? Do you have other early DD appearrances like FF #73 (which this story is continued in) or ASM #16?

I know I have a few other DD's that aren't boxed away. I'll get to scanning them eventually.

I need pretty much all of the early issues! lol

I just got back into collecting last year. The first books on my checklist were DD #1 and the Miller run. Those are checked off! Now I'm going after my favorite issues/covers. I want to pick up between 8.5+ slabbed. Eventually I'd love to get an entire run from #1 - 310 - my plan is to get a bunch of books every year and take my time. :cloud9:

Holy cow. If I won every Daredevil I needed that was coming up for auction over the next two months I'd blow my budget for the year. And that doesn't even include a #1, which is its own thing.

I'd also be 80-90% done with the 1-157 set.

:gossip: I pretend some of those later issues don't exist.

But why pick 310 as a stopping point? Weird number to end with. ???

Registry Set? (shrug)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=66175

Like I said - some of those later issues are :sick: I figured using the Registry as a checklist would add to the fun.

:gossip: I pretend some of those later issues don't exist.

But why pick 310 as a stopping point? Weird number to end with. ???

Registry Set (shrug)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=66175

Who came up with that number to end that series? The end of the original numbering is 380. Someone requested that the DD set stop at 310??? Comic book blasphemy. :sick:

And this is also great because people who just follow what the registry goes up to, will ignore 311 to 380. :tonofbricks:

Oh, I don't get it either re: #310.

But I do know that IMO those later issues before Volume 1 ended were :sick: so I'll happily skip them. Don't get me wrong, as a completionist, I'll get them raw. I just don't want to have to buy them slabbed.

Oh, I don't get it either re: #310.

But I do know that IMO those later issues before Volume 1 ended were :sick: so I'll happily skip them. Don't get me wrong, as a completionist, I'll get them raw. I just don't want to have to buy them slabbed.

The whole 300s were awful. That new costume? I'd already stopped reading by the time 310 came long so I don't know what happened there to make that a line in the sand.

And from #326 - 332 :sick: and #353 - 379 :sick::sick: where they changed the title... it just got terrible. Like they were phoning in the character/book.

That's why if the Registry set didn't end at #310, I might have just said I'd buy slabs through #300 and raws for the rest.