• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,125 posts in this topic

Oh I know that website. ;) Great stuff there.

And I thought there was a period when DD was in San Francisco with Black Widow.I still don't understand WHY. (shrug) That whole period took place though when DD was sort of a really bad second rate character and close to cancellation and bi-monthly (pre-Miller). Then after Miller, it seemed to be reinforced that DD does what he does for HIS community - Hell's Kitchen.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that DD is to Hell's Kitchen as Batman is to Gotham? Just doesn't seem right.

Well, yes and no.

DD moved to San Fran in #87 and stayed there for a few years (#109). The comic didn't go bi-monthly until #148, so that's almost 5 years earlier.

Also, while I could agree that DD is best when he's protecting Hell's Kitchen that really kind of limits him as a character to one area of NYC which is pretty small. Not to mention that it's not what it was then. It's not all "grim & gritty" and is actually kinda nice. So it's ok to change it up every now and then.

The only thing constant is change, so we know he'll be back and then we'll have cause to celebrate! Last time he left he had the Black Panther look out for HK. Maybe this time the current Might Avengers can do it. Maybe Elektra will be around, I dunno...

I was just going to mention the Black Panther in Hell's Kitchen. Those were quite entertaining! Didn't really dig that they were still under the guise of the "Man Without Fear" title but the stories were quite good. I really started to like T'Challa.

I was just going to mention the Black Panther in Hell's Kitchen. Those were quite entertaining! Didn't really dig that they were still under the guise of the "Man Without Fear" title but the stories were quite good. I really started to like T'Challa.

The art was the best part of that but I dug those stories too. I also had been reading BP's series where he lost his powers so I was curious to see what happened next.

Also, while I could agree that DD is best when he's protecting Hell's Kitchen that really kind of limits him as a character to one area of NYC which is pretty small. Not to mention that it's not what it was then. It's not all "grim & gritty" and is actually kinda nice. So it's ok to change it up every now and then.

I debated even admitting this. I always thought Hell's Kitchen was a fictional suburb created by Marvel. :blush:

Man, I feel stupid. STU-PID. :facepalm:

The only thing constant is change, so we know he'll be back and then we'll have cause to celebrate!

And I agree with you - that does make it a moment of :whee: when news breaks that he will return. And I would guess somewhat of a change of pace. I have a lot of catching up to do on Volume 1 and only read the very first issues and from Miller on so I haven't experienced DD anywhere other than NY.

Last time he left he had the Black Panther look out for HK. Maybe this time the current Might Avengers can do it. Maybe Elektra will be around, I dunno... This would be great!

(thumbs u

Nice!!! You won one of the Don/Maggie Thompson collection books? What's the background on that collection? hm

I only won one book on Heritage last night, but I'm still happy to get it! I got outbid on another and forgot to enter my bid on a third and it ended REALLY low. :(:facepalm:

20qif4n.jpg

:facepalm:

Thanks. That was very lazy of me. I saw it on Heritage's Homepage and I clicked on it and it just brought me to the auctions. I guess I missed the discussion article. :foryou:

It's kind of buried. I knew they'd written it up somewhere so google was my friend.