• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,123 posts in this topic

Getting closer on my quest to collect all of DD 1-current, under 50 issues missing, but I have most of the keys. Don’t have quite the high grade in the SA books as some of you but I’m enjoying collecting DD a lot. 

My question for any of you other DD completionist is do you go after all of the DD adjacent series and one shots as well? I did not do that for my X-Men complete run as X-men side titles are infinite but DD seems plausible so I’m considering it. 

Edited by wiparker824

On 7/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, wiparker824 said:

Getting closer on my quest to collect all of DD 1-current, under 50 issues missing, but I have most of the keys. Don’t have quite the high grade in the SA books as some of you but I’m enjoying collecting DD a lot. 

My question for any of you other DD completionist is do you go after all of the DD adjacent series and one shots as well? I did not do that for my X-Men complete run as X-men side titles are infinite but DD seems plausible so I’m considering it. 

Sounds exciting!  Please keep sharing your progress, it's always fun to watch someone fill in a run.

Do you have a date range in mind for going outside the main DD run?  I'm not sure if you're focused more on Silver Age crossovers (such as ASM #16 or FF #39) or if you're talking about his modern mini-series.  If it's the latter, I'm actually thinking of selling off a lot of my modern collection and have the following if you're interested:

Daredevil:  Battlin' Jack Murdock #1-4
Daredevil:  Cage Match #1
Daredevil:  Father #1-6
Daredevil:  The Man Without Fear #1-5
Daredevil:  The Movie #1
Daredevil:  Ninja #1-3
Daredevil:  Reborn #1-4
Daredevil:  Redemption #1-6
Daredevil:  The Target #1
Daredevil:  Yellow #1-6
Daredevil by Ed Brubaker Saga #1
Daredevil Noir #1-4
Daredevil vs. Punisher #1-6
Daredevil / Deadpool Annual '97 
Daredevil / Spider-Man #1-4

On 7/23/2023 at 9:04 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sounds exciting!  Please keep sharing your progress, it's always fun to watch someone fill in a run.

Do you have a date range in mind for going outside the main DD run?  I'm not sure if you're focused more on Silver Age crossovers (such as ASM #16 or FF #39) or if you're talking about his modern mini-series.  If it's the latter, I'm actually thinking of selling off a lot of my modern collection and have the following if you're interested:

Daredevil:  Battlin' Jack Murdock #1-4
Daredevil:  Cage Match #1
Daredevil:  Father #1-6
Daredevil:  The Man Without Fear #1-5
Daredevil:  The Movie #1
Daredevil:  Ninja #1-3
Daredevil:  Reborn #1-4
Daredevil:  Redemption #1-6
Daredevil:  The Target #1
Daredevil:  Yellow #1-6
Daredevil by Ed Brubaker Saga #1
Daredevil Noir #1-4
Daredevil vs. Punisher #1-6
Daredevil / Deadpool Annual '97 
Daredevil / Spider-Man #1-4

Mostly I’ve been looking at crossovers up until the copper age. Crossovers in ASM, and Spectacular Spidey in particular I’ve been buying up, but eventually I may target some of the more modern mini’s. Not yet though, want to finish the main run first.

But yeah my books remaining for DD main title are: 6, 7, 10, 12-15, 23, 30, 37, 38, 43-45, 52-54, 56, 57, 62-65, 69-71, 74,  75, 77-81, 83, 86, 89, 91, 96, 98-100, 105-107, 111, 115. 

116+ I have completed. None of these are particularly rare and I know I can just go online and buy them all now but I am enjoying the hunt of finding these in the wild. 6 and 7 I’ll likely be turning to one of the auction sites but the rest I plan to find organically. 

On 7/22/2023 at 8:32 PM, wiparker824 said:

Congrats on the impressive run! I’m two away from a mid- to high-grade raw newsstand 1-258 collection, and have a 1-55 volume 2 run. 

Adjacent: virgin covers and quirky editions of modern issues (like the hip-hop variant) that catch my eye.  

Might be helpful in your search: There’s a site, whose name escapes me at the moment, that posts every DD appearance in chrono order. I believe it’s mentioned in the book All the Marvels.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, alexanderjk said:

Congrats on the impressive run! I’m two away from a mid- to high-grade raw newsstand 1-258 collection, and have a 1-55 volume 2 run. 

Adjacent: virgin covers and quirky editions of modern issues (like the hip-hop variant) that catch my eye.  

Might be helpful in your search: There’s a site, whose name escapes me at the moment, that posts every DD appearance in chrono order. I believe it’s mentioned in the book All the Marvels.

I'm not sure if it's the one you're referring to, but manwithoutfear.com is a fantastic site for all DD fans. It's got every variant of every book catalogued, and also has lots of good info on upcoming releases.