• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,124 posts in this topic

Finally got around to getting a new printer/scanner, sadly Its the new technology so I have another older CCD scanner on the way for slabs :pullhair:

Adding to the Oakland discussion, here are the 71 and 76 purchased off Metro just after the Vinny / Stephen 'merger' lol The Vincent Collectibles sticker calls them NM and I'm partial to agreeing with that. It also lists the original price (not what I paid) but what they were originally listed at. Barton, I have to say that probably was the best subway ride you ever took. :/

DD71Oakland.jpg

DD76Oakland.jpg

Edited by jbud73

Here's one of the last slabs my old scanner did before it retired. I like the Cover to DD 2 a looooooooooooooooot more than the cover to DD 1. Rob I think we both missed the boat on paying a reasonable price for a DD1. :(

DD2.jpg

Rob I think we both missed the boat on paying a reasonable price for a DD1. :(

Yep, we're screwed!

I had delusions of a 9.4 .... 9.2 .... cough, 9.0. Now I think I'd take a 8.5 White lol

Finally got around to getting a new printer/scanner, sadly Its the new technology so I have another older CCD scanner on the way for slabs :pullhair:

Adding to the Oakland discussion, here are the 71 and 76 purchased off Metro just after the Vinny / Stephen 'merger' lol The Vincent Collectibles sticker calls them NM and I'm partial to agreeing with that. It also lists the original price (not what I paid) but what they were originally listed at. Barton, I have to say that probably was the best subway ride you ever took. :/

DD71Oakland.jpg

DD76Oakland.jpg

Sweet books!

Sick copies!!

Nice copies guys. That's a better 76 than mine. What's reasonable for a DD 1 anymore? I don't see how I can upgrade my copy either. Not easily anyway.

The word reasonable and DD1 are mutually exclusive right now. :insane::tonofbricks: Its just going to cost a bit more than it should. I really do NOT like that cover but its probably time to get it over with and pony up the $$$. :wishluck:

DD71Oakland.jpg

DD76Oakland.jpg

Sweet books!

Sick copies!!

Nice DD7 (thumbs u:/

Two and a half years ago rob_react scored a nice 9.4 #81 and mentioned centering problems common to that issue. I finally pulled mine out. I'd say its centered decently and presents well. Unfortunately it has a dime-sized stain on the back cover. However, it's nice enough otherwise for me.

DD81.jpg

Finally have a CCD scanner again. Took $80 on Ebay and some nail biting waiting to see if it would get here in once piece. These are recent, if recent is defined in the last 2 years since my old CCD scanner went poof, new All in One has CIS technology and is horrible for slabs.

DD16CGC92-TwinCities.jpeg

Ah the Winnipeg's :cloud9: and Old Labels, lets just say if that TC is a 9.2 then so is this Winnipeg :insane: I was born in the 'Peg so always nice to bring one home, er, well sorta via California lol.

DD6-Wpg.jpg