• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,124 posts in this topic

Ah the Winnipeg's :cloud9: and Old Labels, lets just say if that TC is a 9.2 then so is this Winnipeg :insane: I was born in the 'Peg so always nice to bring one home, er, well sorta via California lol.

DD6-Wpg.jpg

My favorite cover of all time.

Ah the Winnipeg's :cloud9: and Old Labels, lets just say if that TC is a 9.2 then so is this Winnipeg :insane: I was born in the 'Peg so always nice to bring one home, er, well sorta via California lol.

DD6-Wpg.jpg

Incredible looking book. (worship)

The Daredevil show and my twins love of all things superheroes has given me the collecting bug after a two year hiatus. Having kids has certainly put a damper in unnecessary spending, but I was considering slowly putting together a nice little Daredevil collection. Mostly keys and some nice classic covers. Am I coming in at the wrong time? It seems the prices of everything has skyrocketed since I was on here a few years ago. Has the Daredevil hype peaked or do you think I will be paying more in the not so distant future? I am starting in at ground zero and have put a small wanted list together but so far have had no luck. I did manage to pick up a nice number 2 last week from a fellow board member to kick things off. Any advice or opinions are welcome.

The Daredevil show and my twins love of all things superheroes has given me the collecting bug after a two year hiatus. Having kids has certainly put a damper in unnecessary spending, but I was considering slowly putting together a nice little Daredevil collection. Mostly keys and some nice classic covers. Am I coming in at the wrong time? It seems the prices of everything has skyrocketed since I was on here a few years ago. Has the Daredevil hype peaked or do you think I will be paying more in the not so distant future? I am starting in at ground zero and have put a small wanted list together but so far have had no luck. I did manage to pick up a nice number 2 last week from a fellow board member to kick things off. Any advice or opinions are welcome.

IMHO............... DD is still one of the best values in comics..... especially if you can live with Fine to Vey Fine raw copies. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

IMHO............... DD is still one of the best values in comics..... especially if you can live with Fine to Vey Fine raw copies. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

+1 to Jimbos comment. The shows haven't affected DD as much as you'd think (except issue #1, #4 and a few others). As someone who owns almost every DD comic ever made, I was nervous that the Netflix show would make the prices of the few issues im missing skyrocket...but 2 seasons in and I've noticed no real difference when pursuing back issues. I say now is as good as any time to start collecting the best character in comics. :headbang:

Greekboy -

I'm horribly bias due to DD being one of my favorite Superheroes.

I will definitely follow suit with these gents and agree, Daredevil is one of the best deals for a collector wether wanting to assemble a big run or just a couple books.

I'm still amazed at what 9.2s-9.6s go for when compared to other titles.

"One who hesitates is lost" totally applies imho with DD.

Hey guys, thanks so much for chiming in. I think I'm going to try and slowly build up the collection through auction sites and hopefully through the boards here. I usually go all in and buy everything in site leading to short term satisfaction and in the process, overpaying for certain books. For now, I think I will go for 1-10, a few of the classic covers like 16, 18, 30 and 43 as well as some of the broke age keys. I keep missing on the low grade 1's offered on the boards and was outbid on an 8.0 # 7 yesterday. Is the general consensus to pick up the major books first like and #1 and slowly go from there?

Hey guys, thanks so much for chiming in. I think I'm going to try and slowly build up the collection through auction sites and hopefully through the boards here. I usually go all in and buy everything in site leading to short term satisfaction and in the process, overpaying for certain books. For now, I think I will go for 1-10, a few of the classic covers like 16, 18, 30 and 43 as well as some of the broke age keys. I keep missing on the low grade 1's offered on the boards and was outbid on an 8.0 # 7 yesterday. Is the general consensus to pick up the major books first like and #1 and slowly go from there?

Basically, yeah. The non keys are going to be fairly static in price, typically. The logic for the big keys that go up in price consistently is, the longer you wait to buy, the more you're going to pay.

I've just updated my want list to keep a tighter focus on the collection, but I think the next step is going to be finding a nice #1, hopefully in the 5.0-5.5 range. Thanks again guys for all your input. Hopefully I'll be posting in here more often with some additions.

That is a VERY tight 9.2 - Congrats!

Thanks! One of the nicest 9.2s I own.

Or anyone owns!!

What is keeping it from a 9.4 or even 9.6?

Thanks, it's definitely a 9.4 on any given day, that's for sure.

There is a slight rub near the bottom staple breaks a little color. That's really it.

CGC is extremely tight right now.

Mass Pedigree, Double cover. 9.6/9.6 .

Amazing book Bob. Incredible that it stayed in that shape without even being glued on!

Thanks. Regarding the condition, it literally went right from the OO's basement sealed in a plastic baggie to a bag and board in my house, eventually of course to CGC. Very little handling.

I'd love to see that #6 in hand. It looks nicer than the grade for sure.

Ya Rob Borock or Haspel probably finalized it back in the day, saw the signature and :tonofbricks::kidaround: but its a nice 9.0 is all I will say, not going anywhere and nostalgia for the old label :cloud9: