• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,125 posts in this topic

Nice man!

They subs or purchased?

All purchased. I have a bunch of DDs that I'll be subbing soon. I've got a growing pile ready to go.

I miss those days already with DDs, I do have a growing pile of Gold Key, FCs/Dells and Turtle books that I need to get to subbin.

It sure is an attractive early cover. I'm sure it's pretty costly as well. Makes my head hurt when I think of what a high grade 16 costs.

This 17 went for 58% of the high for the grade on GPA and for less than a 9.4 copy sold for in 2011. As for high grade 16's, yeah they're pricey but a nice copy in 9.4 sold for around $1,200 a year ago which doesn't seem that crazy for such an awesome book...

#12 such a hard book universally to find or get in HG.

#31 was another for me personally.

Your #10 is a thing of Fricken Beauty btw!!

#31 was really tough for me too. My copy is from the Hollywood Hills collection that SoCal Comics sold on eBay many years ago. I'm not sure why that book is tough in high grade compared to others that were released around the same time. Maybe it's all that black on the front cover?

Edited by Ghost Town

Interesting that for you too, #31 was a speed bump.

(I definitely know of the HH collection. Was there a solid DD run, or just piecemeal run or books?)

It has to be that cover. The black, the charcoal and than gray must all contribute to the toughness of finding HG copies.

Such a killer copy you have!!

Just checked census:

2 9.8s

3 9.6s

13 9.4s

I would surmise that of the 5 top tiered books, not many have seen or will see a new abode anytime soon

Edited by icculus308win