• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

ASM #36 VOL2

I've been telling fellow collectors I know for years now, the historical connection alone, will continue to drive this book higher and higher...86,000 print run, BLACK cover, ect... PENNIES, comparatively to most runs.

pop culture baby, stands the test of the times, over and over again thumbsup2.gif

headbang.gif

ASM #36 VOL2

I've been telling fellow collectors I know for years now, the historical connection alone, will continue to drive this book higher and higher...86,000 print run, BLACK cover, ect... PENNIES, comparatively to most runs.

pop culture baby, stands the test of the times, over and over again thumbsup2.gif

headbang.gif

How much has this book been going for lately?

confused-smiley-013.gif

In 9.6 and 9.8?

Wizard uses Avengers #195. They usually go with the cameo like Thor 411 the cameo of the New Warriors.

Actually, Wizard usually does not count a brief cameo as a 1st appearance. Case in point: Hulk #181, ASM #300, UXM #266. Maybe Taskmaster is an exception, along with Hobgoblin who only appears on the last page of ASM #238, much as Wolverine does in Hulk #180.

along with Hobgoblin who only appears on the last page of ASM #238, much as Wolverine does in Hulk #180.

That's not really true, and the Hobgoblin is all through that issue, as well as on the cover, but since they didn't want to reveal his "secret identity", so chose to make a "big reveal" of him on the last few pages. Buty the story is clearly about him, the robberies of Osborne's hideouts and we see him (but never the face, natch) all through ASM 238.

But Taskmaster is exactly like Wolvie in Hulk 180, he just appears out of nowhere on the very last panel.

Enjoy this thread Ill give my two cents.

They are several moderns climbing lately.

New Mutants 16 - Yep $20 and higher in NM

Look for X-men 193 - To Rise but will have some controversy though to long time readers.

SW 8 - Should see some love soon.

ASM 300 - A freakin gold mine if you have high grades for the next few months.

OM 3 - Is Ripe for a rise to around $20 or so. (BTW did I mention I have one for sale currently?? wink.gif )

Avengers 195-196 - One more month or so and its dead I think unless a mini-comes out for Taskmaster or something like that.

All I can think of currently.

I personally like ASM 22 Annual for a cheap investment. Anyone reading new books might know why.

Do you really think the 1st appearance of speedball will be hot ? There are a lot of them out there.

I am not saying it will be huge, just that he is getting a ton of coverage during Civil War and I look for them to re-launch him after Civil War if they dont kill him with a nice re-vamp. I buy if I see a nice copy for a $1 or so. Like I said I nice cheap investment. If it shoots to $10 cool beans if not your out a buck. No biggie! Personally I like X-men 193 better long term.

Look for X-men 193 - To Rise but will have some controversy though to long time readers.

OM 3 - Is Ripe for a rise to around $20 or so. (BTW did I mention I have one for sale currently?? wink.gif )

Avengers 195-196 - One more month or so and its dead I think unless a mini-comes out for Taskmaster or something like that.

I personally like ASM 22 Annual for a cheap investment. Anyone reading new books might know why.

What is special about ASM Ann 22? confused.gif

What is special about ASM Ann 22? confused.gif

Someone gave it away above. First Speedball.

JeffreyKli mentioned that Thanos Quest (2 issue series) was currently hot.

893whatthe.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-THANOS-QUEST-1-2...tem190026011117

What the heck is that madness?

I noticed the Infinity Gauntlet is getting a lot of interest lately too and im not sure why.

Thanos Quest is BOTH very well written and drawn. Its about time it gets more press time. I loved that book when it came out and it made go chase Starlin space issues after it from his older series stuff.

Thanos Quest is BOTH very well written and drawn.

Definitely, and I enjoyed it far more than Infinity Gauntlet.

Agreed on all points...with that being stated....Ron Lim (IMHO) is THE Thanos artist!

Other than Starlin himself, of course ..... thumbsup2.gif

bump

Any chance I can sell an Infinity Gauntlet #1 for more than $3? 27_laughing.gif

I don't think the single issues sell well, but if you can put a set up for sale, you should do relatively well. I think I got $20 or so for my run of Infinity Gauntlet and even more for my set of Infinity War! 893whatthe.gif