• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

Or you could have bought all the floppies from dcbs for $80 and not got muscle strain holding a 52 book HC.

I expect the hardcover to be underordered and go for over a $100 when I flip it on Ebay after I read it.Also to me it`s a lot easier to flip one hardcover then 52 different titles. Ebay now takes a bite out of your shipping charges.

It should be interesting though, and I hope out of the 52 titles that I read sometime in December that a few I like and will actually buy regularly.

It's $150 Cover price so you should be ok to flip it.

How Amazon get these prices when comic shops can't is disgusting though!

Amazon sells more trade paperbacks then Diamond does. So Amazon has more power than all those lcs`s combined now. The game has changed. Amazon could buy Diamond in a heartbeat. ;)

comicdonna_post.jpg

lol

Or you could have bought all the floppies from dcbs for $80 and not got muscle strain holding a 52 book HC.

I expect the hardcover to be underordered and go for over a $100 when I flip it on Ebay after I read it.Also to me it`s a lot easier to flip one hardcover then 52 different titles. Ebay now takes a bite out of your shipping charges.

It should be interesting though, and I hope out of the 52 titles that I read sometime in December that a few I like and will actually buy regularly.

DCBS actually had a price lower than amazon on the hardcover ... if they had free shipping offer for canada I would have been tempted

DCBS actually had a price lower than amazon on the hardcover ... if they had free shipping offer for canada I would have been tempted

I went with the hardcover because I know the print run will be mega low(high cover price). Hardcovers are much more liquid to flip for me. I will read it,probally enjoy it then flip it. For the most part it`s disposable media to me. Similar to me buying a blu-ray,then watching it then the flip.

Amazon sells more trade paperbacks then Diamond does. So Amazon has more power than all those lcs`s combined now. The game has changed. Amazon could buy Diamond in a heartbeat. ;)

:doh:

Diamond is the largest distributor of comics (including TPBs/hardcovers) in North America, and has exclusive agreements with most of the large comic book publishers (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc).

Amazon, just like all the other large book chains,

Marvel leaves Diamond for Hachette

Marvel splits with Diamond books

Disney has a different game plan.

Diamond distributes to the LCS, Hachette distributes Marvel trade paperbacks to Amazon.

Diamond is the largest distributor of comics (including TPBs/hardcovers) in North America, and has exclusive agreements with most of the large comic book publishers (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc).

Diamond distributes to the LCS, Hachette distributes Marvel trade paperbacks to Amazon.

Your comment is still nonsense - even with the loss of Marvel (and they didn't loose them for the direct market), DCB is still the largest distributor of comic book TPBs and hardcovers out there :gossip:

Your comment is still nonsense - even with the loss of Marvel (and they didn't loose them for the direct market), DCB is still the largest distributor of comic book TPBs and hardcovers out there :gossip:

Is it? Are figures available....?

'Cause you wouldn't want to be knocked off that high horse twice, schmidty lol

Goodness. Where was the first one...?

I thought you guys werent serious about the DC sell outs, but 2 of my 3 shops have sold out of Bat-girl, Detective and JLA. The 3rd shop is almost sold out as well.

What`s even worse is some of my LCS`s are charging double or more for them. How is that going to help get new readers/customers?

An example is a new reader/customer comes in and wants the Justice League comic they heard about in the media,so lcs dealer says it`s over there on the wall, but it will cost you $10! :o New reader/customer leaves lcs with a bad taste in their mouth to most likely to never to return again.

Talk about short- sightedness with some of these LCS.

Yes, they are.

Why don't you ask ComicConnoisseur to back up his original claim with some figures? :popcorn:

Yes, they are.

Why don't you ask ComicConnoisseur to back up his original claim with some figures? :popcorn:

Point. lol

Where are the figures available? I'd actually like to have a look at them.

Yes, they are.

What`s my original claim?

hm

Gee i don't know

Gee i don't know

Does anybody really believe that the remaining 1500 lcs that are still standing are more profitable than Amazon?

As for Geppi`s Diamond they almost went bankrupt last year

Geppi considered bankruptcy in 2010.

Disney`s smart,as they know when the see a sinking ship, and were smart to go with Hachette.

You don`t follow the comic industry news pass the lcs do you?

It`s just not Marvel,as DC gets their tradepaperbacks distributed outside of comicshops by Random House.

Diamond is at one time had tremendous power in the industry. Now they are having a hard time with adapting to change.

DC switches to Random House.