• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

I know my local comic shop (it's a big one up here), ordered a minimum of 200 issues of each title, and for the big ones like Action and Justice League, ordered 400. Justice League sold out in a little under 3 days. So these are definitely hot, but scarce or rare, no way! Books with print runs like this have never maintained their values unless they have an important first appearance in them and none of these will. I decided to pass on the entire line. Honestly it feels like Valiant all over again doesn't it?

Jay

Justice League has gone to a 4th print.

The 2nd print has been allocated at 50% of orders in the UK and we weren't even offered the 3rd print, it sold out Stateside before we got the email.

Action #1, Batgirl #1 & Detective #1 are gone at Distributor level.

It's release day today & we haven't had orders filled from 2 weeks ago.

There will be a lot of new customers dissapointed by this as DC promise plenty of

overprint to accomadate extra orders.

We've turned away 10-15 customers last week looking for Justice League #1.

Gone even though we upped our orders 10 fold.

Once they see it on Ebay at silly money, they won't bother with #2 etc.

Don't think the market can survive another speculator crash so we're keeping a close eye on this.

Yeah, this is a bit concerning. You know there are many buying multiples of this book. Who in the heck are they going to sell them to?

Implosion of print. Bring on the digital age.

But...but...but....speculation is GOOD for comics!

genuine excitement about a relaunch would not be bad for the hobby, but it seems like there's more interest in making a quick buck at play here than anything else. oh well. personally i'm surprised this gimmick has done this well so far.

next marvel will re-boot its few titles that still have semi-original numbering and really me off. then again, as i generally just focus on titles with original numbering when hunting for back issues, that will give me a good reason to stop fishing out ASM, the X-Men titles, Thor, Captain America, DD, Hulk, etc. (yes, i know most of these were already subjected to re-boots and came back to their numbering)

I decided not to touch the DC reboot. I didn't buy a single one (not much of a DC guy anyway).

Missing the boat?

I pre-ordered the whole 52 issues in a hardcover format from Amazon. That way I will have all 52 issues to read to see if I like and I won`t have to run around to look for them or pay high prices for them.

This September, DC Entertainment is making history by launching 52 #1 DC Comics issues starring the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes. To commemorate this milestone occasion, DC Entertainment will be releasing DC COMICS: THE NEW 52, a massive hardcover collection that collects every single one of these debut issues.

Amazon has this 1,216-page compilation for $89.99.

Or you could have bought all the floppies from dcbs for $80 and not got muscle strain holding a 52 book HC.

I expect the hardcover to be underordered and go for over a $100 when I flip it on Ebay after I read it.Also to me it`s a lot easier to flip one hardcover then 52 different titles. Ebay now takes a bite out of your shipping charges.

It should be interesting though, and I hope out of the 52 titles that I read sometime in December that a few I like and will actually buy regularly.

Or you could have bought all the floppies from dcbs for $80 and not got muscle strain holding a 52 book HC.

I expect the hardcover to be underordered and go for over a $100 when I flip it on Ebay after I read it.Also to me it`s a lot easier to flip one hardcover then 52 different titles. Ebay now takes a bite out of your shipping charges.

It should be interesting though, and I hope out of the 52 titles that I read sometime in December that a few I like and will actually buy regularly.

It's $150 Cover price so you should be ok to flip it.

How Amazon get these prices when comic shops can't is disgusting though!

Amazon sells more trade paperbacks then Diamond does. So Amazon has more power than all those lcs`s combined now. The game has changed. Amazon could buy Diamond in a heartbeat. ;)

Amazon sells more trade paperbacks then Diamond does. So Amazon has more power than all those lcs`s combined now. The game has changed. Amazon could buy Diamond in a heartbeat. ;)

:doh:

Diamond is the largest distributor of comics (including TPBs/hardcovers) in North America, and has exclusive agreements with most of the large comic book publishers (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc).

Amazon, just like all the other large book chains, gets all their TPBs and hardcovers from Diamond.

comicdonna_post.jpg