• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

I'm confused as Midtown has tons of these as far as I can tell, at less than cover I think. I believe they have a #1 pack of all the #1s, but gosh darnit, I am not getting sucked into speculating on mass print run moderns, never again!

I'm confused as Midtown has tons of these as far as I can tell, at less than cover I think. I believe they have a #1 pack of all the #1s, but gosh darnit, I am not getting sucked into speculating on mass print run moderns, never again!

thats where i got my DC's from as cheaper to send over to England than pay what people are selling for ATM

I was at my LCS and I asked them what did I tell you when this was all announced. They said I stated it will be like the early 90s again.

Yep.

Except you can either learn from the early 90s comic market (and no, I don't think it is an exact, but nothing is) or not. For many on the boards they have no idea what I am even talking about and are probably buying everything possible. As I said before, this is simple folks, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Half of these books are dead right now, probably half not going to issue 20, but the obvious ones are going to last.

Here is a tip: Never look for the books that sell out before they even ship with overprinting DC. Look for the books that a week later are said to be sold out. They were probably underordered to begin with, the volume is dispersed out and no one is sitting on quantity. That can add up to a book that just gained some serious momentum (anyone know the exact book I am speaking of?).

And PS if you think the #1s are the ones to worry about, you are dead wrong...

JJ

And here's one of TOMORROW's New releases

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-LANTERNS-1-2011-1ST-PRINT-SOLD-OUT-DC-NEW-52-/160650453708?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item25678362cc#ht_1591wt_1139

B.I.N at more than double cover price.

Not good, not good at all, it's the 90's all over again :eek:

Then don't participate, easy enough.

Here is a tip: Never look for the books that sell out before they even ship with overprinting DC. Look for the books that a week later are said to be sold out. They were probably underordered to begin with, the volume is dispersed out and no one is sitting on quantity. That can add up to a book that just gained some serious momentum (anyone know the exact book I am speaking of?).

And PS if you think the #1s are the ones to worry about, you are dead wrong...

JJ

Animal Man or Swamp Thing?

You think #2s are going to be the books? Aren't those returnable as well?

This weeks 52 seem a little weak at the pump. Plenty of BIN's for $5 and under. Batwoman and Batman and Robin seem to have some legs and potential.

I would agree and personally I passed on Batman and Robin. I think there are 2 that could potentially be okay, but look forward to next week.

Lemire's Animal Man. One of only 5 of the new titles that I pre-ordered. :banana:

I'm told that some entrepruenuers and short to mid term speculators used

to score well on the 2nd thru 5th issues.

And here's one of TOMORROW's New releases

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-LANTERNS-1-2011-1ST-PRINT-SOLD-OUT-DC-NEW-52-/160650453708?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item25678362cc#ht_1591wt_1139

B.I.N at more than double cover price.

Not good, not good at all, it's the 90's all over again :eek:

Then don't participate, easy enough.

I'm a retailer, I don't have that option

Then take advantage of the opportunity and sell sell sell. Why would you be mad about secondary prices, it means you should have not trouble making good money on any leftovers.

Then take advantage of the opportunity and sell sell sell. Why would you be mad about secondary prices, it means you should have not trouble making good money on any leftovers.

So I put them on Ebay at cover & get fleeced or follow the sheep & sell at high prices?

I can only imagine how the Ebayer who paid £25 for his Detective #1 feels today, most of the UK were re-stocked this week & selling at £3.95

Don't think he'll be shopping for issue #2

So I put them on Ebay at cover & get fleeced or follow the sheep & sell at high prices?

I can only imagine how the Ebayer who paid £25 for his Detective #1 feels today, most of the UK were re-stocked this week & selling at £3.95

Don't think he'll be shopping for issue #2

Call Larry, he will help you.