• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,793 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2024 at 9:54 AM, IngelsFan said:

He also was responsible for John Richard Flanagan getting credit for his contributions to early DC. Most of Flanagan’s covers had up until that point (mid-2000s?) been mistakenly attributed to Flessel.image.thumb.jpeg.b7578034d6d5e05b395f1f1f0ae8fbfe.jpeg

Yes, I remember that info coming forth and it was SO nice to finally know who was responsible for those covers!!! Flessel USUALLY signed his work, either with his name or his initials and those covers were absent of any discernable markings.

On 8/24/2024 at 9:54 AM, IngelsFan said:

He also was responsible for John Richard Flanagan getting credit for his contributions to early DC. Most of Flanagan’s covers had up until that point (mid-2000s?) been mistakenly attributed to Flessel.image.thumb.jpeg.b7578034d6d5e05b395f1f1f0ae8fbfe.jpeg

Beautiful copies you've got here, btw!!! I've only owned this book once ... and not even all that long ago ... but it came in with an undisclosed wrong back cover and I foolishly sold it, thinking I could upgrade it fairly easily. WRONG!!! So, all I have is a pic of my old beater copy. :( 

Adventure 37.JPG

On 8/24/2024 at 8:46 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Beautiful copies you've got here, btw!!! I've only owned this book once ... and not even all that long ago ... but it came in with an undisclosed wrong back cover and I foolishly sold it, thinking I could upgrade it fairly easily. WRONG!!! So, all I have is a pic of my old beater copy. :( 

Adventure 37.JPG

It’s definitely an issue that doesn’t come up for sale often. I’ve loved the cover image ever since I saw Double Action 2 in the color section of one of the OPGs from the early 80s.

On 8/24/2024 at 7:54 AM, IngelsFan said:

Hoarder!!  But I don't blame you, it's a classic cover.

On 8/24/2024 at 8:46 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Two things I quickly realized in while fishing in the GA pool - 1) Never give up your beater until you secure your keeper.  2) Grab the beater, 'cuz it could be a loooong time til you even see a keeper.

2a) When it rains it can pour, but there is no weather man to give you the heads up.

Case in point: Saw this in April 2023 with no back cover and I grabbed it. 

image.png.fb95e7f90f522515f7ea178d65e4080e.png

Then lo and behold, another showed up a year later, which I also grabbed.  With only 10 on the census, can't be too picky.

image.jpeg.0cadc0b8a2b595fd87da3d02813704d2.jpeg

(Anyone got an upgrade for sale? :wishluck:)

Then there is this one I picked up in Feb.  image.jpeg.45afee3b306fe6309792a2bbc28461a6.jpeg             Last previous (non-Mile High) HA sale was in 2012!

On 8/24/2024 at 10:46 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Adventure 37.JPG

Once upon a time, I owned a purple labeled Nicholas Cage copy.

On 8/25/2024 at 7:25 AM, kent allard said:

Two things I quickly realized in while fishing in the GA pool - 1) Never give up your beater until you secure your keeper.  2) Grab the beater, 'cuz it could be a loooong time til you even see a keeper.

2a) When it rains it can pour, but there is no weather man to give you the heads up.

Case in point: Saw this in April 2023 with no back cover and I grabbed it. 

image.png.fb95e7f90f522515f7ea178d65e4080e.png

Then lo and behold, another showed up a year later, which I also grabbed.  With only 10 on the census, can't be too picky.

image.jpeg.0cadc0b8a2b595fd87da3d02813704d2.jpeg

(Anyone got an upgrade for sale? :wishluck:)

Then there is this one I picked up in Feb.  image.jpeg.45afee3b306fe6309792a2bbc28461a6.jpeg             Last previous (non-Mile High) HA sale was in 2012!

Keeping the beater until I find a better has always been my practice, except on that issue. :( 

On 8/25/2024 at 9:34 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Keeping the beater until I find a better has always been my practice, except on that issue. :( 

Yes, it only takes that one rash impulsive moment to generate regret for years to come.  A general commentary on life.  We're gonna screw up, the only question is how many times and how much it hurts. :ohnoez::tonofbricks:

On 8/26/2024 at 12:14 AM, kent allard said:

Yes, it only takes that one rash impulsive moment to generate regret for years to come.  A general commentary on life.  We're gonna screw up, the only question is how many times and how much it hurts. :ohnoez::tonofbricks:

I'm actually not that upset by it. It wasn't that much of a copy. (shrug)

On 8/25/2024 at 6:35 PM, gunsmokin said:

Once upon a time, I owned a purple labeled Nicholas Cage copy.

I remember that book, it was a beauty. He had several Church copies around it...It's pretty amazing to look back at his collection, so many high grade and pedigree early GA books. Can't even fathom what it would be worth today if it was still intact.