• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2022 at 10:40 PM, lou_fine said:

So it's all about the back covers here and not so much about the classic Flessel front cover images.  (:

Well, how utterly devious and definitely food for thought here.  hm  :devil:

Then again, this doesn't explain why the New Comics 6 scheduled to end tomorrow is still sitting there at only about 40% to condition guide, even though it has the same back cover as Detective Comics 1:  (shrug)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cartoon-character/new-comics-6-dc-1936-cgc-gd-vg-30-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/122207-13718.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, New Comics #6 (DC, 1936) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, New Comics #6 (DC, 1936) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Lou Lou Lou they look the same but read the bottom right.

DB.jpg

On 2/14/2022 at 1:40 AM, lou_fine said:

So it's all about the back covers here and not so much about the classic Flessel front cover images.  (:

Well, how utterly devious and definitely food for thought here.  hm  :devil:

I love Flessel myself, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think the back cover to a Tec 27 is extremely valuable.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:38 PM, innocuous said:

Strong prices in the HA auctions that just finished. I was thinking of throwing in some bids, but the copies listed all had 50+ bidders tracking. Congrats to winners.

image.thumb.png.6498b74efd004658941173654f1e5fe4.png

Looks like you forgot to include one of the really early ones here and from way back when the title was known only as New Comics:  :gossip:   

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/new-comics-6-dc-1936-cgc-gd-vg-30-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/122207-13718.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Absolutely love these first half dozen issues of New Comics as their thin paper cover stock made it virtually impossible to find them in anything close to high grade condition.  I guess the funny cover theme for these really early pre-hero DC along with how rarely they ever come into the marketplace puts a dampener on the prices due to the extemely low turnover.  Perfect case in point being New Comics 2 as when was the last time we saw one of these show up in the marketplace, except for Jon Berk's restored copy from his big CC auction back in 2017.  :luhv:  :takeit:

Interesting to note that this much earlier New Comics 6 along with the earlier New Adventure 23 & 24 sold this past Monday at relatively lower multiples to condition guide when compared to the later 4 pre-hero Adventure issues that had sold on Sunday. hm

On 2/16/2022 at 9:32 PM, lou_fine said:

Interesting to note that this much earlier New Comics 6 along with the earlier New Adventure 23 & 24 sold this past Monday at relatively lower multiples to condition guide when compared to the later 4 pre-hero Adventure issues that had sold on Sunday. hm

I agree.  Although all of the pre-hero Adventures commanded very strong prices in the auction, I expected the heaviest bidding to be on the NA 24, rather than the 33 and 38.

Edited by RareHighGrade

On 2/17/2022 at 1:21 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I agree.  Although all of the pre-hero Adventures commanded very strong prices in the auction, I expected the heaviest bidding to be on the NA 24, rather than the 33 and 38.

Can't use that back cover for an Action 1 or any other way more valuable book (would you really remove it for Detective #12?). Was still a low grade restored book that brought triple guide, not too shabby.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:21 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Have always loved the covers on the New Adventure / Adventure run, with my personal preference being the super rare NA 26 & 27 along with both Adventure 36 & 38.  :luhv:

Not sure what your favorites are for the More Fun pre-hero run, but I have always loved the covers for both More Fun 47 & 48, with my preference probably leaning more towards More Fun 48 with the dinosaur cover, although it's hard to argue against the More Fun 47 since it seems to be a tougher book to track down.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

On 2/17/2022 at 3:13 PM, IngelsFan said:
On 2/17/2022 at 9:36 AM, KirbyJack said:

Isn't that a Komodo Dragon?

I've never read it.

Yeah, sellers market it as a dinosaur but it’s a Komodo dragon.

Good to know and I'll be sure to mention it the next time I see a copy because that should hopefully help to drop the price down a tad.  :wishluck:  :bigsmile:

On 2/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, Yorick said:

There can't be that many, right?  Less than 50?

About 60.