• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First E-Bay Comic Book Purchase...

29 posts in this topic

First comic purchase was Silver Surfer 4 while I was in China. Pre-scan days of ebay back in '96. Seller swore up and down it was NM, no flaws. My bid was for the F price and, when I came home from China, sure enough it was a F. Had much better luck over the next 4 or 5 years and learned to ask VERY specific questions.

I remember is clearly. It was maybe 1998. The auction was for a Hulk 4 VG+. I already had a # 4 in the same condition but i found this one in a completely wrong category andit was due to complete at around 3am EST. I set my alarm clock (This was before those sniping programs) and hit it last minute and got it for $80. I sold it 2 weeks later for $190. I thought every transaction would be like that one. Unfortunately, I have not found a better flip since.

Not 100% certain, but I think my first eBay purchase was about 3 years ago (buying thru a friend's account before I knuckled under and got my own), and was for Four Color #s 367 and 408, two Barks classics ("Christmas for Shacktown" and "The Gilded Man," if memory serves). Paid about 1/3 of guide for the books, which were in the VG range... those were the days...

My first ebay thing was winning and paying for a set of Daredevil v2 #1-8 and I had sent the person $20.00 and then they cacked me. Never got'em and I was too shy to leave a negative because I knew they would just negative me back and there would go my EbaY career... I can't remember what I FIRST bought besides my Jennifer Lopez "on the 6" CD (first thing I bought they actually sent me) but I remember one of my favourite buys of comics was a big Marvel 2-in-1 and DC Ghosts lot, nearly full runs of each, most FN or better, perfect hours of blissfull reading pleasure.