• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should you try to make deals a comic cons?

161 posts in this topic

It's really simple.

1) any buyer will have a price that they are willing to let an item go for, whether it's comics, toys, real estate or prostitution.

2) any seller will have a price that they are willing to let an item go for, whether it's comics, toys, real estate or prostitution.

3) If these two parties agree on price, an exchange is made.

4) If not they go their separate ways.

5) If one of the parties involved is insulting, demeaning, unreasonable etc, the other party is free to NOT deal with them. No need for any sort of unreasonable action on either party. Don't like the price? Walk and find better in a nice way. Easy as that. It's what makes the free market go round.

If someone insults me with a low ball $ (heaven knows there are boardies here with a rep like that), I'll politely decline. If someone insults me on here after an exchange that I've declined without fact or reason, I'll ignore. If someone walks into my place of business and insults me or demeans me, I'll have them removed by whatever legal means necessary. I would expect them to do the same to me if I crossed the line.

6) They way you deal those you don't know may reflect what you think of those that do.

It's just Comics, kids...the thrill of the hunt is the fun part. Don't make it all out war.

cricket… cricket… cricket…

I guess the point I was trying to make was that it does not matter who the seller is and who the buyer is. It's the way any sort of a deal is approached. Good attitude usually reaps good results.

% paid? Depends on the book. I've sold books to dealers for full guide or even over guide. I've also bought for fractions of guide from dealers. There are so many variables there are no easy rules.

I give/take how much i feel comfortable with or walk. It's that easy. And i have a good time/attitude no matter what happens.

I think the point of this thread was lost. Everyone looks for deals at cons. It never hurts to ask politely. And if you're patient, some dealers may discount stuff more at the end of a con. Less stuff to carry, declare, more $$ in pocket...etc.

Anyway. That's it for me.

R.

for what it's worth, if i misunderstood...

Everybody plays the haggle game. I just try to be realistic. I won't offer $600 for a $1500 book if the asking price is $1700 or whatever. 'know what i mean?

gotta bounce boys and girls. Hot date...

R.

smoke another one thumbsup2.gif

The best that you can add to this conversation is the sound of your gears grinding, looking for a comeback? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why don't you show the world one post where you have added something constructive to the conversation? Better yet....

Why don't you go shave your palm and come back when you can add something constructive.

You are now officially on ignore.

R.

not sure what you mean by saying i’m on your ignore list. but look, i apologize, after i posted it i realized it came across a little rude. but really if you just read it again….especially in the context of what was going on at the time in the thread, it’s just so friggin funny. i pictured some hippy guy with long hair and stacks of mad magazines and underground comics talking in keanu reaves stoner voice with all these easy going idealistic responses. i don’t know it’s just funny. anyways the thread was taking a turn for the worst so i was trying to lighten it up.

and as far as a thread that i have contributed to……well i did start this thread.

anyways read it again with stoner voice, it’s very funny…..thanks

thumbsup2.gif

I accept your apology. I took it as a dis from someone i didn't know.

I also couldn't read what you replied with because when some one is put on ignore it automatically does not show your posts.

Thanks for clarifying and yeah, it is funny: