• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Merry Marching MLJ Thread

311 posts in this topic

But, in 1978 a french publisher named "Aventures et Voyages" but better know as "Mon Journal" (a trademark) begin to publish some episode of The Fly.

In french Mosquito (why not the fly confused.gif)

I have many of this issues but not scan for the moment and I use some image of a web site created by one of my friends.

Some adventures of Mighty Crusaders and others MLJ Characters was published during the same time period.

Sunny36.jpg

I would have been a little more careful about that foot placement!

But it's eye-catching.

Thanks for showing these unusual covers.

Jack

What about Le Archie?

Archie was almost never published in France.

In fact, he was published as back-up story in plenty of review from a publisher name "Artima" (which became Arédit after).

Only some very small serie was published (one of two issues) in France :

Archie, Rire avec Archie, Archie et Cyrano, Archie Betty et Véronica, Les surprises d'Archie

SA3HC001.jpg

But in French Part of Canada (Québec) a publisher name Héritage edit hundreds of issues of Archie and his friend (in a total perhaps more than a thousand).

SA1HC001.jpg

SBETC001.jpg

SBEMC001.jpg

SBVEC065.jpg

SBVMC001.jpg

SBWKC001.jpg

SCSHC001.jpg

SJAHC001.jpg

SJHDC002.jpg

SSJSC001.jpg

SVRKC001.jpg

All the pictures are from Dans la Gueule du Loup Web Site

Cyrano = Jughead?

Funny.

Thanks for the covers.

Jack

Only some very small serie was published (one of two issues) in France :

Archie, Rire avec Archie, Archie et Cyrano, Archie Betty et Véronica, Les surprises d'Archie

SA3HC001.jpg

All the pictures are from Dans la Gueule du Loup Web Site

Cyrano = Jughead?

Funny.

Thanks for the covers.

Jack

Yes, because he has a big nose (as Cyrano de Bergerac).

I figured that was the reason. It's a good name change, since literally translating jughead probably wouldn't make a bit of sense.

Thanks,

Jack

I've recieved a couple of second chance offer for rufusfirefly's Pep 22, how about the rest of you guy's who bid on it? Anyone know what happened to the high bidder? My high bid was 600.00, I'd take it for that, brittleness and all.

Actually, the high bidder asked for time payments and has come through with the first payment, so that book is considered gone. You should check to make sure the 2nd chance offer is legit. I am rufus and haven't sent anybody an offer to sell thatbook or one like it for 800. If I got such an offer myself andf it was legit I'd be buying instead of selling.,

I figured that was the reason. It's a good name change, since literally translating jughead probably wouldn't make a bit of sense.

Thanks,

Jack

It could be translated into "tête de cruche" but as Archie was in french dedicated to a very young reader I do not know if the underlying humor was understood.

So, in this case Cyrano might be better.

I'll forward it to ebay. The first one I recieved was a lowball, offering the book for 400.00. The second and third were the high bid. Those guy's are persistant.

I guess they figure 400 is a good price to get for a book you don't even have.

Here are a couple new ebay wins. Some of you may have seen the nice collection of MLJ and other GA books offered by a fairly new ebay seller recently. The books all appeared to be in pretty solid shape in the VG to Fine range. They were getting some pretty decent bids. Here's one of the two that I won:

z-pep25a.jpg