• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Merry Marching MLJ Thread

311 posts in this topic

Yes, as most of us know early Archie Peps are some of THE most undervalued books in the Guide....and this is the first appearance/issue!

I'm guessing that the book will sell - just look at the price that the lower grade copy recently sold for on ebay (auctiondoctors).

For what it's worth, I think you're right on, bluechip...Good Luck.

STEVE

By the way, Rufusfirefly is one of the good, honest sellers on ebay.

And the President of Freedonia! stooges.gif

"We're fighting for this woman's honor, which is more than she ever did."

Yes, as most of us know early Archie Peps are some of THE most undervalued books in the Guide....and this is the first appearance/issue!

I'm guessing that the book will sell - just look at the price that the lower grade copy recently sold for on ebay (auctiondoctors).

STEVE

I agree thumbsup2.gif

(also) Steve

STEVE

I agree thumbsup2.gif

(also) Steve

Thanks.

Meaning to put some other good stuff up soon as I can get around to it. The days just get away from me with life and stuff.

Although these are no Pep 22's, they're still fun reads! Just got these out of the mail - man oh man those Black Hood stories are great!

Big thanks to the great deal I got on the #39 and #41 from Houseofcomics.com!

1506085-top-notch_group1.jpg

1506085-top-notch_group1.jpg.14e4a9b00f4cbadaaaf13a3d6a45285a.jpg

Oh please, post every Top Notch you have so I can feel even more inferior than I already do with my average vg to fine colection of TN's. Please I must see more.

(another Top Notch to torture Black H....that's Hand, not Hood. Bwahahahaha!)

100_1374.jpg

STEVE

Stunning, absolutely stunning! So, how many Top Notch's do you have? Are they just carelessly sitting at the bottom of a hundred foot pile of rare high grade books?

That's actually my last Top Notch, BH - and a hundred foot pile is a bit of an exaggeration... maybe an eighty foot pile tongue.gif

Well thank you for showing them. I've probably had no more than a dozen books at most, that even came close to being as nice as those. I'm a lower grade collector. It's amazing how well preserved your copies are. I love the covers on my Top Notch copies, but yours make them even more appealing. I'd love to see a high grade #10, which is one of my favorite covers in the run.

1513779-top10.jpg

1513779-top10.jpg.9fda0c0a1b49da13e84a8a3260e2bb76.jpg

Stunning, absolutely stunning! So, how many Top Notch's do you have? Are they just carelessly sitting at the bottom of a hundred foot pile of rare high grade books?

That's actually my last Top Notch, BH - and a hundred foot pile is a bit of an exaggeration... maybe an eighty foot pile tongue.gif

Pile?

I call it the mother lode! cloud9.gif

Well thank you for showing them. I've probably had no more than a dozen books at most, that even came close to being as nice as those. I'm a lower grade collector. It's amazing how well preserved your copies are. I love the covers on my Top Notch copies, but yours make them even more appealing. I'd love to see a high grade #10, which is one of my favorite covers in the run.

I had never paid attention to MLJ (don't think I had owned any in 10 plus years of collecting) until I saw Stever's. He has a conniseur's taste when it comes to picking the right copy of the right issue.

1513779-top10.jpg

Nice BH! I collect lower grades myself, for the most part.

I love the covers on my Top Notch copies, but yours make them even more appealing. I'd love to see a high grade #10, which is one of my favorite covers in the run.

As we all know 2nd appearances can be tough, especially in grade - I haven't been able to locate a nice Top Notch 10.

Switching gears for a moment, I feel rather fortunate to have located the 2nd apperance of Mr. Justice in San Diego a few years ago:

100_1377.jpg

STEVE

It's like looking at a different book! The red is hail.gif sooooo red!

I feel much better about my books since I put sacentaur on ignore. insane.gif