• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.4s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

Well, HOS 92 was always considered to be a scarce-in-HG BA book. :P Boy, that was one myth that has been blown away during the CGC era.

If HOS 92 were going for the same kind of prices as GL 76, there`d probably be just as many HOS 92s in the Census.

What it really goes to show you is that there is no such thing as a BA book that is truly scarce in HG, particularly with the advent of pressing.

I don't know about that. HOS #92 is a pretty big book and people are always looking for high grade copies to slab. I'm actually pretty surprised there are no 9.8 copies as well but it may just be the last big bronze key standing with no 9.8 copies on the census...how long? Time will tell.

Sure, but it`s all relative. Everyone marveled at how strong GL 76 prices were, but it wasn`t until a 9.6 copy sold for $30K, which is serious money, that suddenly the floodgates opened for more 9.6 copies and then a 9.8 copy.

A 9.6 HOS 92 sells for less than a 9.4 GL 76 in its heyday, if I recall correctly. I guarantee that if a 9.6 HOS 92 sold in the region of $30K, more copies would appear (not that they`re rare by any means) and one or more 9.8 copies would appear too.

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.4s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

Well, HOS 92 was always considered to be a scarce-in-HG BA book. :P Boy, that was one myth that has been blown away during the CGC era.

If HOS 92 were going for the same kind of prices as GL 76, there`d probably be just as many HOS 92s in the Census.

What it really goes to show you is that there is no such thing as a BA book that is truly scarce in HG, particularly with the advent of pressing.

I don't know about that. HOS #92 is a pretty big book and people are always looking for high grade copies to slab. I'm actually pretty surprised there are no 9.8 copies as well but it may just be the last big bronze key standing with no 9.8 copies on the census...how long? Time will tell.

Sure, but it`s all relative. Everyone marveled at how strong GL 76 prices were, but it wasn`t until a 9.6 copy sold for $30K, which is serious money, that suddenly the floodgates opened for more 9.6 copies and then a 9.8 copy.

A 9.6 HOS 92 sells for less than a 9.4 GL 76 in its heyday, if I recall correctly. I guarantee that if a 9.6 HOS 92 sold in the region of $30K, more copies would appear (not that they`re rare by any means) and one or more 9.8 copies would appear too.

I could see this as possible. I am always looking for a UHG copy of this book in the raw, but have never seen one :(

I could see this as possible. I am always looking for a UHG copy of this book in the raw, but have never seen one :(

Really tough to find raw.

I've made it a personal goal to try and dig up one that will slab a 9.8 to no avail...best I've been able to come up with in 7 years of looking was a raw copy that slabbed a CGC 9.4.

I've made it a personal goal to try and dig up one that will slab a 9.8 to no avail...best I've been able to come up with in 7 years of looking was a raw copy that slabbed a CGC 9.4.

Finding one that grades a 9.4 is still amazing. What is the best SC22 you have located ever? hm

Finding one that grades a 9.4 is still amazing. What is the best SC22 you have located ever? hm

The 6.5 SA that I have in my eBay store now.

I do know of a really, really high grade copy...probably 9.0+ but it's not for sale.

I do know of a really, really high grade copy...probably 9.0+ but it's not for sale.

Will be interesting to see. I wonder if it's the copy Gator sold last year. hm

Nope. This copy is known of by a good friend and it hasn't been "seen" in decades.

Nope. This copy is known of by a good friend and it hasn't been "seen" in decades.

That's going to be a BIG book. Thanks. (thumbs u

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.2s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

and probably 20 of the 9.2's are now 9.4's :insane:

Id have to agree with you there. When it comes to key books like this im often looking for 9.4 or better copies in the old blue label but they just dont seem to be around.

I just checked the census and I can't believe how many 9.2s and 9.4s there are now. I mean 41 9.2s, that's more than HOS 92 with 30.

and probably 20 of the 9.2's are now 9.4's :insane:

Id have to agree with you there. When it comes to key books like this im often looking for 9.4 or better copies in the old blue label but they just dont seem to be around.

Well JC everyone is buying the old label books and doing the resubmit in hopes of a higher grade. Look at any key Bronze book on C-link or Pedigree and they are all newly submitted numbers on the label. Plus every so many years it is good to get your books reslabbed like the changing the bag and board of your raw books.

I've only found two bronze old labels and they were Iron Fist books and people care very little for paying to have them reslabbed but want higher prices for them. Jerry Weist (a good guy & sales man :foryou: ) wouldn't bargin down his list price for nothing with me on Ebay even though I was the only bidder for this Iron Fist he had because it was an old label.

I think this Clink auction sale from November got lost in the mix, but it is a very nice price for the seller:

Green Lantern #76 CGC 8.5 - $1,606!

Here's hoping this is a sign of the market running up for the movie..............since I have an 8.5 on the way back from Sarasota shortly. lol

Looks like it. You lucky man.

I think this Clink auction sale from November got lost in the mix, but it is a very nice price for the seller:

Here's hoping this is a sign of the market running up for the movie..............since I have an 8.5 on the way back from Sarasota shortly. lol

Not quite.......it only has OW/W pages. :tonofbricks:

Not quite.......it only has OW/W pages. :tonofbricks:

That page quality will still give it a boost. ;)

Just checked GPA, and it looks like it is on the move nicely in 6.0 and up right now. I wonder how high it will go closer to the movie? :wishluck:

really? i picked up a 9.2 for the same price i sold it for 3 years ago. the book has gone up 2.5x in guide during the interim.

Just checked GPA, and it looks like it is on the move nicely in 6.0 and up right now. I wonder how high it will go closer to the movie? :wishluck:

Now that I think about it, this low/mid grade area probably has the most room for realized price gain as most casual collectors will want this book represented in their collection, but wont necessarily want to pay the 9.0+ premium for a high grade copy. Lower graded CGC copies will be in shorter supply I would say with the movie on the horizon.