• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

9.4 ow/w sold for 2.5K last week at auction

9.4 w hasn't mustered a higher bid than $2,550.

I paid almost that for my 9.2 years ago. I noticed the last one sold for 1500. I'm glad I got out when I did with my pants still in tact.. Seems to have taken a bit dip in the last year, but 1550 sale seems to be a bit of an outlier to me.

Still it's a great book and I'd love to own another HG copy at some point.

I sold my cgc 9.2 ow/w copy in 2011 for $2,350 when I needed the scratch to pay a bill. I finally replaced it earlier this year with a Signature series 9.2 graded copy with white pages for a couple bucks less than $1400 and that's after tax, buyers premium and shipping. I would post a scan but its not graded by cgc. :facepalm:

It's interesting to read this, because the book seems to be steadily going up in lower grades even as it drops in high grade. I got my copy maybe 6 years ago. It's a 5.5, I paid $106 for it (ungraded). A quick look on ebay completed sales shows (graded) copies in that range going for around $250+ now.

Im not holding my breath on this, but recent comics sales of some other books whose prices peaked and faded, shows that some comics CAN come back once the character/issue returns to vogue. Iron Man 55 was superhot, then super cold. But since the Avengers movies have been leading back to Thanos, prices picked up again.

Of course, what it would take for GL76 to get hot again with current census numbers is anyones guess. A Neal Adams resurgence maybe? Mot of his books have cooled off from ten years ago, Except Batman 251.

which ones? outside of 251 and first appearances, Ive noticed pretty stagnant prices on Adams Bat and Tec covers

I think the mega-keys like 'Tec 400, Bats 232 and 234 may have leveled or even dipped, but 'Tec 395, 405 and especially 411 have really broken out.

which ones? outside of 251 and first appearances, Ive noticed pretty stagnant prices on Adams Bat and Tec covers

The prices may have plateaued for now, but the Adams Batmans always sell well for me when I can replace them.

In addition to the ones listed above, other issues that are strong sellers are:

Batman #217 (underrated cover IMHO), #227, #235, #237, #243, #244

Detective #397, #402, #404

Brave & Bold #79, #85, #93

The prices may have plateaued for now, but the Adams Batmans always sell well for me when I can replace them.

In addition to the ones listed above, other issues that are strong sellers are:

Batman #217 (underrated cover IMHO), #227, #235, #237, #243, #244

Detective #397, #402, #404

Brave & Bold #79, #85, #93

Word.

I bought a mix of about 150-175 silver thru copper books last month and put most of them out at the last 2 shows I set up at.Haven't had time to list them on eBay yet...mostly b/c raws take forever to sell via BIN and I don;t mind saving them for shows......but most of them have sold through, just after 2 shows.

Add to that fact I got comparable prices for the raws I sold, stacked against GPA for the same-ish grades....

BA 70's Bat books are effing nuts, not just the keys.

Im not holding my breath on this, but recent comics sales of some other books whose prices peaked and faded, shows that some comics CAN come back once the character/issue returns to vogue. Iron Man 55 was superhot, then super cold. But since the Avengers movies have been leading back to Thanos, prices picked up again.

Of course, what it would take for GL76 to get hot again with current census numbers is anyones guess. A Neal Adams resurgence maybe? Mot of his books have cooled off from ten years ago, Except Batman 251.

Any stats to back this up? Genuinely curious, as I can't think of a single Adams book that hasn't risen SIGNIFICANTLY in the last ten years. If you want to sell me ANY Adams Batman at 2006 prices, please let me know! Or Archies...or Superman family covers...or Tomahawk...or war books...or Avengers...or X-Men...or Jerry Lewis...or Marvel Spotlight...

Any stats to back this up? Genuinely curious, as I can't think of a single Adams book that hasn't risen SIGNIFICANTLY in the last ten years. If you want to sell me ANY Adams Batman at 2006 prices, please let me know! Or Archies...or Superman family covers...or Tomahawk...or war books...or Avengers...or X-Men...or Jerry Lewis...or Marvel Spotlight...

As an Adams Bats collector, I follow the market very closely for opportunities to upgrade from my current copies. I completely agree that prices has been on the rise steadily, but more recently, there appears to have been a moderate surge the last 6 months for other Bat books besides Bats 251. Maybe not has big as a leap as Bats 251, but it's been enough to cause me to hold off on certain upgrades.

This thread pleases me.

tumblr_o7hs9tfznS1ql6j3mo1_500.gif

Now I just have to hurry up and finish my GL run before someone shows a still shot of a green shoulder in the movie sub forum, and a bunch of people that never gave a mess about GL before run the prices up again.

:tonofbricks:

As an Adams Bats collector, I follow the market very closely for opportunities to upgrade from my current copies. I completely agree that prices has been on the rise steadily, but more recently, there appears to have been a moderate surge the last 6 months for other Bat books besides Bats 251. Maybe not has big as a leap as Bats 251, but it's been enough to cause me to hold off on certain upgrades.

Yeah, but it's not like you have much.

:baiting:

Jealous

If you had bid higher the market would have shown prices going up. :baiting:lol

It looks like the 9.8s are where the action is on Adams Bats. I wish I had been smarter and snagged a 9.8 of #232 earlier when I thought they were undervalued in the $1800-$2000 range. doh!

I take it that #234 must be harder to find in 9.8? Otherwise, the price difference between it and #232 does not make sense as #232 is the bigger book.