• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I think the market is actually kind of soft on these Adams books at the moment.. I just had two auctions end on ebay at all time lows... Prices that they haven't sold for for 8 years... Not sure why... They were both nice examples as well. I guess someone got a really really good deal. but I wont' be investing any of my money into Adams books again I can tell you that. Take my advice and hold onto your Adam's books.

Did you already sell that GL 76 in 9.2?

Dang! Announce your ebay auctions or send me a PM if you're going to sell any Adams books.

I did announce the sale. Yesterday I think I posted it in the advertisement section. It's too bad as I'd rather it go to someone on the boards than a dealer which is who I think got it.

I think the market is actually kind of soft on these Adams books at the moment.. I just had two auctions end on ebay at all time lows... Prices that they haven't sold for for 8 years... Not sure why... They were both nice examples as well. I guess someone got a really really good deal. but I wont' be investing any of my money into Adams books again I can tell you that. Take my advice and hold onto your Adam's books.

No I didn't sell that one. I'm keeping that one especially now with these prices I'm seeing on Adam's books...

I guess you win some and you lose some...

Dang! Announce your ebay auctions or send me a PM if you're going to sell any Adams books.

I did announce the sale. Yesterday I think I posted it in the advertisement section. It's too bad as I'd rather it go to someone on the boards than a dealer which is who I think got it.

No I didn't sell that one. I'm keeping that one especially now with these prices I'm seeing on Adam's books...

I guess you win some and you lose some...

whew.gif that's a sweet keeper.

I missed your announcement. :sorry:

If you ever do sell that GL76, I'd love a chance to make a deal. No rush, I have to save a bit from my recent buys. lol

Sorry to see that you sold your Bats 227. It must have been difficult letting that sweet copy go. Your sig line is looking great with some GA goodness, though.

I think the timing of when your auctions ended was a big contributing factor. I was thinking of ending my current auctions on the weekend as well, but decided to wait a couple of days to avoid the last long weekend of the summer issue. In addition, August is very hit and miss as a whole due to vacations - I saw similar things with my auctions earlier in the month where some books did better than I expected while others did not meet what I had anticipated they would.

I think the timing of when your auctions ended was a big contributing factor. I was thinking of ending my current auctions on the weekend as well, but decided to wait a couple of days to avoid the last long weekend of the summer issue. In addition, August is very hit and miss as a whole due to vacations - I saw similar things with my auctions earlier in the month where some books did better than I expected while others did not meet what I had anticipated they would.

I completely agree. I guess I just didn't think it would be that much of a contributing factor... I'm usually quite careful with my auctions. Oh well, my fault, it could've been worse.

I completely agree. I guess I just didn't think it would be that much of a contributing factor... I'm usually quite careful with my auctions. Oh well, my fault, it could've been worse.

I learned that lesson the hard way with a savage beat down on some of my auctions on Clink a couple of years back that July and August are not the best months to list books. :cry:

Awesome. This book is coming into the range where it would be worthwhile to pick up a 9.4.

I thought this one would go for a bit more, though, as it had decent centering, white pages, and the Sparkle City factor going for it.

Awesome. This book is coming into the range where it would be worthwhile to pick up a 9.4.

I thought this one would go for a bit more, though, as it had decent centering, white pages, and the Sparkle City factor going for it.

The lower left corner chip turned me off. Betting that hurt the price.

Gift grade copy. Very weak corners at the spine, several colour breaking creases, not convinced those are particularly white pages either.

Gift grade copy. Very weak corners at the spine, several colour breaking creases, not convinced those are particularly white pages either.

I agree... I was waiting until after the auction finished to comment. I think that book had weak corners and a couple breaks on the spine... To me that book looked more like a very nice 9.0... It did have nice centering and pq.