• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

Wow --

I think this is jimjum's book and I'm pretty sure he put it up there with the idea of not selling it.

My copy is also available if anyone wants it for $1k. That was the magic number for me in CGC 9.0 white pages, also dead on centered and original owner (well I guess I'm now the second owner).

Wow --

I think this is jimjum's book and I'm pretty sure he put it up there with the idea of not selling it.

My copy is also available if anyone wants it for $1k. That was the magic number for me in CGC 9.0 white pages, also dead on centered and original owner (well I guess I'm now the second owner).

yes, I remember the day you bought it, the Billy Galaxy collection, great book.. why would jimjum put a book up on C-link with the idea of NOT selling it ?

Wow --

I blame the price spike on Green Arrow's appearance on Smallville. makepoint.gif

you gotta wonder though, if our (yes I blame all you people), recent discussions on this book isn't affecting the price... I thought of buying one myself after reading this thread, but blew the money on a GA book instead..

Wow --

yes, I remember the day you bought it, the Billy Galaxy collection, great book.. why would jimjum put a book up on C-link with the idea of NOT selling it ?

When I bought it from Billy Galaxy (where is that guy by the way) I thought that there was no way I'd sell it unless it was for a super sum.

Now -- I think that was jimjum's thought as well -- I'll stick it on c-link and if someone pays $1k then that's a great number I can't turn down.

Who knows? Maybe it's not his copy... but I think it is.

Uh, for us Marvelites, exactly what is the big deal over this issue? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

insane.gif

Considered by many to be the start of the Bronze age.

An awesome run of Neal Adams art on this series begins here.

Generally considered to be the start of a more mature flavor of comics as the Denny O' Neil scripts dealt with current issues, drugs, the environment, politics, at that time unheard of for DC.

Very hard to find in high grade with that dark green cover.

Just a really cool book overall.

Uh, for us Marvelites, exactly what is the big deal over this issue? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

insane.gif

An awesome run of Neal Adams art on this series begins here.

Generally considered to be the start of a more mature flavor of comics as the Denny O' Neil scripts dealt with current issues, drugs, the environment, politics, at that time unheard of for DC.

Very hard to find in high grade with that dark green cover.

Just a really cool book overall.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Just what I expected. smirk.gif

It was very highly regarded at the time, but some people say today that the stories (as opposed to the art) haven't aged well. I only ever read one issue myself, the last one. I believe one issue, #86, wasn't generally distributed in the UK?

From a DC POV of course, as Marvel did the "real-life drug scene issues" before, and their BA had nothing to do with GL/GA.

Wow --

When I bought it from Billy Galaxy (where is that guy by the way) I thought that there was no way I'd sell it unless it was for a super sum.

Now -- I think that was jimjum's thought as well -- I'll stick it on c-link and if someone pays $1k then that's a great number I can't turn down.

Who knows? Maybe it's not his copy... but I think it is.

not that you need advice on this, but if you're really going to do that, why not put it up for $1200 or $1500? it's not like you'll be charged if it doesn't sell, and maybe you'll get a $1k offer...or maybe you'll sell it for $1500. confused-smiley-013.gif

seems like this book's ceiling is going to keep climbing for a while yet

Sal:

Actually, that's very good advice. However, I don't know that I'm truly interested in selling at any price... especially since I doubt anyone here would be the one to pull the trigger on the book at that price -- but I do think the book will continue to climb.

From a DC POV of course, as Marvel did the "real-life drug scene issues" before, and their BA had nothing to do with GL/GA.

I read somewhere that Adams and O' Neil wrote the drug story and while they were trying to figure out how to get around the comic code BAM, Marvel’s Amazing Spider-Man 96 hit the stands without the comic code approval. A light bulb went on and they shipped their book that week. (or something to that effect)