• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'd have to go with 'Tec # 1. The asian menace is so representative of the time period that it trumps the Action # 4 by a long shot. I like comics because they reflect / encapsulate a time period I never lived in so these early covers with hints of cultural biases are cloud9.gif to me.

Both of these high grade non-keys sold in 2005 for the exact same price: $5,175.

which one would you choose...and why?

1461120-action65.jpg

I'd go with the book with Supes on the cover..and it's a Mile High!

That was my copy for about 15 years. Someone before me erased part of the code on the top but apparently felt leaving the "8" was okay. Go figure makepoint.gif

West

Tec 1 for me...primarily due to the scarcity factor. The Action #4 is a wonderful and significant but the lack of Superman on the cover makes it less desirable for me. The unrestored Tec 1 just has that "wow" factor! 893whatthe.gif

GE

Edited by GreatEscape

Both of these high grade non-keys sold in 2005 for the exact same price: $5,175.

which one would you choose...and why?

1461120-action65.jpg

.........or

1461120-flash43.jpg

I'd go with the book with Supes on the cover..and it's a Mile High!

As much as I would rather the Flash, I'd pass on both. No way would I spend that kind of bread on mid run books. I don't care if the are Mile High, SF, Allentown or watever. It is just crazy to me.

I'd have to agree on that. Maybe we should just play this game with an undetermined price or priced at guide.

Let's

Just do it as "Which one would you take if you were offered 1 for free?"

I'd have to agree on that. Maybe we should just play this game with an undetermined price or priced at guide.

Let's

Just do it as "Which one would you take if you were offered 1 for free?"

If they were free, I would take the Flash.

I found this one to be quite interesting...hopefully you will also. Again, the goal of this thread is to come up with some comparisons that would split the decision as to which is more desirable, and discuss why. Both of these books have sold for around $14k recently

So with that said, which one would you choose?

1459078-action4.jpg

.................or

1459078-tec1.jpg

I would have to flip a coin, as I hold them so equal ( speaking for myself ), I would be happy with either.

I must admit, now that quite a few of you have weighed in, I underestimated the demand for Tec #1. I now hold it higher regard than I did previously. Thank you all who chose thumbsup2.gif

Id take the ADV 40 Because that is a legit resto canidate and the worst it can get on the label is EXT RESTO....Ill take the ADV 40 THANK YOU

It would take more than restoration to fix that book!! Who does your resto work? Moses? smirk.gif