• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

True statement-a pedigree designation hardly guarantees it is untouched.

But you'll never see a cleaned and pressed Chicago for the reasons I stated above.

confused-smiley-013.gif I've seen many cleaned & pressed Chicago pedigree comics. Here's a Cap 12 Chicago that was cleaned/pressed from a 9.0 into a 9.4. Check the right edge of the back cover in each link for evidence of the cleaning.

Cap 12 CGC 9.0

Cap 12 CGC 9.4

(I don't mean to derail the thread, just wanted to point out a statement that was incorrect)

Hi, what I see are 2 scans with vastly different brightness levels.That second scan almost blinds you, hard to tell the extent of the cleaning, if at all.

I see what you're saying about that faint pink stain on the first scan. Could be a localised stain removal. But I see the tight staple placement on the second scan which leads me to believe the book hasn't been disassembled, or hence, cleaned and pressed.

Assuming they are worth the same. For me its the October print all the way. Still haven't seen another copy in the last 3 years. Have seen a dozen November prints but where are all the originals?

MC1CGC5.jpg

809017029o.jpg

1st of all, thank you for contributing to this thread---

I wouldn't care if the Marvel was October, November, or a special New Years Eve printing, Tec 27 hand down. I would take a low grade/half decent looking Tec 27 ( like this one) or Action 1 over any midgrade GA key you could possibly come up with, and over quite a few high grade keys as well.

Tec 27 and Action 1 are in a league of their own......they redefine greatness....they are the ultimate 2 Grails

Hi, what I see are 2 scans with vastly different brightness levels.That second scan almost blinds you, hard to tell the extent of the cleaning, if at all.

I see what you're saying about that faint pink stain on the first scan. Could be a localised stain removal. But I see the tight staple placement on the second scan which leads me to believe the book hasn't been disassembled, or hence, cleaned and pressed.

confused-smiley-013.gif Two pink stains were removed completely. The green one is considerably smaller in size, and there's a brown line that was at the top left of the back cover that is no longer there. Looks like cleaning to me...

I think it's tough to make a definite conclusion when the scan brightness settings are so far apart. First is set dark, second is set too bright. On the second scan, that green stain on the lower left doesn't disappear, only appears fainter.

Marvel 1, that chunk out of the Detective bothers me. Having said that, I must also say that the average price I pay for books are between 150.00 and 250.00. I could never afford either of those books, I would lose my wife if I dipped into emergency savings or any other savings or real estate or whatever. This exercise is about like asking if I'd rather be able to fly or be invisible. Still fun, but I don't have enough investment money for large, high end comic purchases.

The Tec # 27 IS JUST TO Big a book to ignore it.Id pick the Tec.

The Marvel one is nice especially being the much rarer Oct copy, But this copy lacks what I visually love about the cover of a Marvel # 1 . Its missing those deep Blue colors that the cover has on the better copys.

Point is... there are no guarantees. Doesn't matter what pedigree. If there is money to be made, someone will manipulate the book.

and Tec 27, much as I like the Marvel.