• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Both of these Key Timely's sold in '04 for $26,000.

Which one would you chosse, and why ????

1749121-subby.jpg

.....or

1749121-torch.jpg

Another nice choice but the Sub-Mariner should be take this one by a wide margin. Love them both but I think they are way more HT's in VF or better than there are SMC #1's. I think a 9.0 is the highest copy?

Subby for me all the way. He is my favorite Timely character

Me too! I see a lot of Torch's in F/VF range and up for sale, but rarely a High grade Subby 1. I love and want a Torch 1, but if I had to choose......(I'd take both if budget allowed)...but if I had to..The Subby! grin.gif

Submariner.

More attractive cover

higher grade

more popular character

a true number 1...torchy is doin that #1 #2 Thing on the splash page. No.1 not wriiten on cover, though I understand that it is the 1st all torch book regardless

I'd choose the Marvel Mystery without a moments hesitation. What a fantastic cover!

true BZ, but did you see all those question marks and that amazing little wire contraption on the detective? want to reconsider?

Subby for me all the way. He is my favorite Timely character

well, in that case, i offer you this, and i trust he's your favorite Atlas character as well:

sub.jpg

some of the nicest cover reproductions I have seen...really makes those GI Joe combat #1's look like the real thing!

rick

Both of these books are available right now in the May Heritage auction, and both are around $35k- $40k presently, with 2 weeks left to bid. Assuming they both sell for the same price, which one would you choose, and why ????

1752568-marvel%231.jpg

.........or

1752568-tec27.jpg

Tec 27 for me twice over.....Batman is Batman, and the Marvel is a reprint ( November copy )

1752568-tec27.jpg.a2a9e0dbae2c594755188609f3ae4182.jpg

Both of these books are available right now in the May Heritage auction, and both are around $35k- $40k presently, with 2 weeks left to bid. Assuming they both sell for the same price, which one would you choose, and why ????

1752568-marvel%231.jpg

.........or

1752568-tec27.jpg

Tec 27 for me twice over.....Batman is Batman, and the Marvel is a reprint ( November copy )

If I didn't already have the Detective it would be a no brainer, regardless of the amount of restoration. Their is no comparison between these two books in terms of significance in my opinion. Batman's appearance vs. Human Torch? Not real tough to make that call. Batman all the way!

But, I love the Marvel 1 and want one badly for my collection, so I will choose it.

1752568-marvel%231.jpg

.........or

1752568-tec27.jpg

I'd take the Marvel Comics # 1. cloud9.gif

Slight restoration, a pedigree book and a grail for me. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by FUELMAN

I already own a Marvel 1 in 7.0 so I'd probably choose the Detective. If I didn't already own a Marvel 1, I'm really not sure which I would pick.

you owned the nicest graded tec 27 there is...wasn't it a 9.2 restored? everything is downhill from there (even the 8.5!)

rick