• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

You have to imagine you were REALLY spending $126,000 of your own hard earned money....which one would you choose, and why ????

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

AF15 in 1/100th of a second for me.....but this is a GA forum. What say you ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

with you all the way steve; i go with the amazing spider man, since he's the high-water mark for the whole art form. what a comic.

sleeping.gif

and just to confirm your open-mindedness, seattle got no bad calls in the '06 superbowl, right? isn't that what you've always told me?

You have to imagine you were REALLY spending $126,000 of your own hard earned money....which one would you choose, and why ????

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

AF15 in 1/100th of a second for me.....but this is a GA forum. What say you ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

with you all the way steve; i go with the amazing spider man, since he's the high-water mark for the whole art form. what a comic.

sleeping.gif

and just to confirm your open-mindedness, seattle got no bad calls in the '06 superbowl, right? isn't that what you've always told me?

Sheesh, you got nothing else? sleeping.gif

Coming from a guy who's

1. Last name is Parker

2. Sleeps in Lil Petey Parker underoos

3. Prays at the altar of Spiderman

4. Only likes comics that sport the color red...

Inferring that I am closed-minded is somehow as incongruous a statement as I have heard in a long time.

Be happy, I picked a Timely!! poke2.gif

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

sleeping.gif

Coming from a guy who's

1. Last name is Parker

3. Prays at the alter of Spiderman

Inferring that I am closed-minded is somehow as incongruous a statement as I have heard in a long time.

be fair; you know i don't pray. and especially not at 'alters.'

Coming from a guy who's

1. Last name is Parker

3. Prays at the alter of Spiderman

and to make you proud, check ebay from last nite and see who won a 7.5 green lantern 9. not much red on it, i know you'll agree.

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

sleeping.gif

Coming from a guy who's

1. Last name is Parker

3. Prays at the altar of Spiderman

be fair; you know i don't pray. and especially not at 'alters.'

Not true. I've been to superhero movies with you, and they are a religous experience for you and you know it.

I guess I am slow. it took me almost a full second to decide to go with the Marvel # 1

No matter how popular spidey is I am still surprised that as many are opting for the silver age book over over the Golden age # 3 or # 4 book.

I guess I am slow. it took me almost a full second to decide to go with the Marvel # 1

No matter how popular spidey is I am still surprised that as many are opting for the silver age book over over the Golden age # 3 or # 4 book.

It is very surprising

OK, I'm old and I repeat myself a lot...and I'm old....but I just have to repeat myself( a lot ) and say that I bought AF15 off the stand when it came out,all the time wondering what the heck had happened to the title. Having said that, I would choose the AF15 for a variety of reasons, PQ beng one of them.

cloud9.gif mmmm red covers!!

OK, I'm old and I repeat myself a lot...and I'm old....but I just have to repeat myself( a lot ) and say that I bought AF15 off the stand when it came out,all the time wondering what the heck had happened to the title. Having said that, I would choose the AF15 for a variety of reasons, PQ beng one of them.

when did you realize he was going to be big? i think i'd grab the marvel 1 so I wouldn't have to deal with upgrading Spidey 1 on up.

It is very surprising

Howz this for a strong opinion smile.gif If I was going to spend a half a house on a funny book - it sure wouldn't be on no common like AF 15 - i don't care that the grade is 9.4 - there are (to quote Carl Sagan...) billions and billions of stars ... many, many people can say they own a copy of AF15 - very, very few people can say they own a copy of Marvel 1. Of course, it doesn't help that Steve picked that common November copy - I think a nice 8.5 October copy would have sealed the deal grin.gif

I hate this having to choose stuff. If I have to trade half the house for one, I'd just as soon trade the whole thing for both. But when I have to sell one to buy a new house the Fantasy 15 should pay for a nice comic room to display the Marvel1 in!

1. Last name is Parker

something gnawed at me all nite long about your contention that the name commonality is one of the reasons i'm pro-spidey----then it hit me; i FINALLY understand your fervent love for the boy wonder.

1. Last name is Parker

something gnawed at me all nite long about your contention that the name commonality is one of the reasons i'm pro-spidey----then it hit me; i FINALLY understand your fervent love for the boy wonder.

Billy,

While I certainly am down with the fact that Ciorac loves Robin (His favorite character, I'm convinced). But you have confused me with this last statement.

Please tell me, WHAT IS THE CONNECTION?

1. Last name is Parker

Billy,

While I certainly am down with the fact that Ciorac loves Robin (His favorite character, I'm convinced). But you have confused me with this last statement.

i'm not a d.c. guy, but isn't robin's real name "?"

1. Last name is Parker

Billy,

i'm not a d.c. guy, but isn't robin's real name "?"

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif funniest post in a long time! 893applaud-thumb.gifsign-funnypost.gif

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

Is the November copy the reprint??

Is the November copy the reprint??

yes, it surely is. detective27kid asked me to ask you if you have any of them you'd be willing to sell him cheap in light of it's reprint nature.