• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Thanks to all of you who chose.......the final count was:

Human Torch: 6

More Fun: 5

There are 2 HT1's for sale now on ComicLink.......a Blue label VG and a Blue label screwy.gif "glue on spine and centerfold" VF. (might as well have dipped the entire book in a bucket of glue to seal all the tears properly)

I am going to watch those 2 auctions, and see how they pan out.....if they do well and appear to be at all "hot", then I would keep the HT1 no matter what. I would really like to keep both books, but this is an "off" business year for me, so I need to turn over some funny books to get the ones I really want ( Tec 29, 31, 33, 35,....168 cloud9.gif ).......hate it when that happens tongue.gif

Steve

What no 27??? 893whatthe.gif

Thanks to all of you who chose.......the final count was:

Human Torch: 6

More Fun: 5

There are 2 HT1's for sale now on ComicLink.......a Blue label VG and a Blue label screwy.gif "glue on spine and centerfold" VF. (might as well have dipped the entire book in a bucket of glue to seal all the tears properly)

I am going to watch those 2 auctions, and see how they pan out.....if they do well and appear to be at all "hot", then I would keep the HT1 no matter what. I would really like to keep both books, but this is an "off" business year for me, so I need to turn over some funny books to get the ones I really want ( Tec 29, 31, 33, 35,....168 cloud9.gif ).......hate it when that happens tongue.gif

Steve

What no 27??? 893whatthe.gif

Can't buy "the big one" just yet....probably 12 months out 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You have to imagine you were REALLY spending $126,000 of your own hard earned money....which one would you choose, and why ????

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

AF15 in 1/100th of a second for me.....but this is a GA forum. What say you ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

1834000-af15.jpg.cebc8649c743dad72aa714580b538b96.jpg

You have to imagine you were REALLY spending $126,000 of your own hard earned money....which one would you choose, and why ????

1834000-marvel.jpg

AF15 in 1/100th of a second for me.....but this is a GA forum. What say you ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

you shouldn't have to ask why smile.gif

gator

Man that is tuff. If that AF 15 was a true 9.4[i think its overgraded] I would pick it.

So I give the node to th 8.5 # 3 Golden age comicbook.

I think Overstreet is dead wrong by the way.Superman # 1 should be the 3rd most valuable comicbbok in NM, not Marvel 1. Marvel 1 in 9.0 cant crack 200k but a mere 7.5 Superman # 1 BLEW AWAY 200K a few years back.

Man that is tuff. If that AF 15 was a true 9.4[i think its overgraded] I would pick it.

So I give the node to th 8.5 # 3 Golden age comicbook.

I think Overstreet is dead wrong by the way.Superman # 1 should be the 3rd most valuable comicbbok in NM, not Marvel 1. Marvel 1 in 9.0 cant crack 200k but a mere 7.5 Superman # 1 BLEW AWAY 200K a few years back.

I agree with action1kid, sound logic!

gator

Definitely, the Marvel Comics.

Me too!

But probably the one that would complete this run. wink.gif

AmazFantRunsm.jpg

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

with you all the way steve; i go with the amazing spider man, since he's the high-water mark for the whole art form. what a comic.

I'd have to go with the Marvel 1. I've spent more than $126k on a Marvel 1 before, but would be way too nervous to ever spend that much on an AF15.

I completely agree though, Superman 1 should be the 3rd most valuable comic. Marvel 1 should be 4th.

Interesting that in 2003 the White Rose 8.5 Marvel # 1[8.5] outsold the Whiterose 5.5 Action # 1...126K TO 120K. That certainly would have been reversed today !

with that 5.5 Action 1 outselling the 8.5 Marvel 1 by a wide Margin.

Yeah. For a couple weeks yay.gif

adam, I have been meaning to ask you...is there any "key" or big book you have not owned that you are searching for?...your story is an incredible one, so I wonder (as I am sure others do)

gator

Well Spiderman is Americas Hero right now.But Superman is more popular world wide.

where do you get that from? comparisons are never definitive, but take for example the excellent superman returns movie from last year, versus spidey 3. being a spideyfanatic, i prefer the latter, but being a movie buff i recognize that the superman movie may be technically superior. the supe movie crawled [they kept it out extra long for the purpose] to 200 mil domestically, around the world didn't quite get to 400 [390's as i recall]. spidey 3 up to 320 or so dom., well over 800 billion already worldwide. the idea that superman is more popular world wide than spiderman is a d.c. lovers pipe-dream. i like supey just fine, but it ain't close these days.

I've never owned but always wanted a Detective Comics 1. I've come close a few times but have yet to pull the trigger on that one for some reason even though I've had a few opportunities. I'm sure that situation will resolve itself at some point though. Of the top 25 GA comics, its the only one I've never owned.

I've also never owned a Detective 28, Detective 35, Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1, or Silver Streak 1. (All of which have been on my want list at one time or another)

I've had a few things go badly since I started buying back in 2002, but I've also been incredibly lucky more than once. I've definitely had the good fortune of being able to own some very nice books including the Marvel 1 CGC 9.0, Detective 27 CGC 9.2 ®, 2 Action 1s, more than 10 Superman 1s (including a CGC 9.0 r, and a CGC 8.5 r), and many others. Unfortunately I usually had to sell one to afford the next!

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

with you all the way steve; i go with the amazing spider man, since he's the high-water mark for the whole art form. what a comic.

sleeping.gif

1834000-marvel.jpg

.............or

1834000-af15.jpg

Steve

Marvel 1 in a nanosecond.