• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Ciorac, the Gandhi of Golden Age. The Funny Book Mother Teresa.

The Switzerland of the Collecting world!

I feel the love brother. And I will, from this day forward, love all comics equally and as if they were my own.

BTW, I think my own Detective 27 needs to pay me a visit.

I'm glad you are embracing the truth Richard. It will be an inspiration to us all!

Visit? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, unless you would rather it come and stay permanently.

Ciorac, the Gandhi of Golden Age. The Funny Book Mother Teresa.

The Switzerland of the Collecting world!

I feel the love brother. And I will, from this day forward, love all comics equally and as if they were my own.

BTW, I think my own Detective 27 needs to pay me a visit.

I'm glad you are embracing the truth Richard. It will be an inspiration to us all!

Visit? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, unless you would rather it come and stay permanently.

Only if I come with it as a package deal..... shy.gif

Both books sold for $24,000 around '04/'05. The 1st image is the back of a Tec 27 graded FR 1.0 unrestored with cream pages...the front of the book has some damage, but there is no paper loss. The 2nd book/ MF53...speaks for itself.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

1868431-tec27.jpg

................or

1868431-mf53.jpg

I like pretty books....have to go with the Spectre on this one ( 1st time I passed on a Tec 27 in this thread )

Steve

1868431-mf53.jpg.af961833bf18346e07c50cc24d95cf47.jpg

Investor-wise(????), the Detective, collector-wise , again the Detective

For me, both...as a collector the more fun looks so nice and I love spector covers. Tec is iconic, but man that back cover is so rough, just detracts to much for me. As investor, I still say the high grade mf is just to nice to pass, and return on investmet even with resto-ing, the Tec should lag. IMHO!

Tough choice! If given the option, I'd buy either of those books at that price. But knowing how nice that 'Tec 27 eventually restored... I'd have to go with the 'Tec 27.

I'm with Filter - some TLC and that Tec looks gorgeous. An overpriced (c'mon it's the second appearance) expensive MF will always be a much tougher sale than the first appearance of the #2 comic character.

Bill, I am glad you mentioned "boring to the point of excrutiating".

oops! Sorry Rich, I forgot we are only supposed to talk about how pretty the covers are...... flowerred.gif

Pretty cover on the AF 15.....ooohhhh.....ahhhhh...

Better? angel.gif

Bill, you big lovable nerd!

These are just for you....

superman18.jpg

um, Richard if you ever need to sell that Supes #18, you know, to buy another Timely or something,. puh-lease, allow me to make an offer, I'm just a PM away

just an incredible book. hail.gif

Both of these books sold in 2006, with a blended average sales price for each around $110,000. Which one would you choose, and why???

I would have to go with the Bat on this one.....as much as this NM- More Fun 52 is probably one of the rarest big GA keys in grade, I could not spend $110,000 of real cash on this book ( virtually any book ) due to graders notes of "very minor amount of glue on spine of cover". Where is the purple label??? That glue did not jump out of its tube and happen to land on the spine......I would guess there is a little tear under that glue dot.....but I digress. If not for the graders notes/glue, I would choose the MF52 instantly. Batman #1 for me!

Steve

42667-mf52.jpg.384f5031d62a722808c2abf4e90d21b8.jpg

42668-bat1.jpg.71a6fd18251431e0994ddb2fbb78fa1a.jpg