• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

:signofftopic: Who owns the Larson copy of Action #1?

Not Positive, but I think John Vyrzel....really not positive might be getting my facts messed up. Maybe he has the Allen town, I know he has the Allentown Cap 1 9.6. I guess I really don't know.

I hope that helped!

Paul

Not Positive, but I think John Vyrzel....really not positive might be getting my facts messed up. Maybe he has the Allen town, I know he has the Allentown Cap 1 9.6. I guess I really don't know.

I hope that helped!

Paul

Allentown Action #1? You are definitely getting your facts mixed up

I hope that helped!

Paul

Allentown Action #1? You are definitely getting your facts mixed up

Wouldn't suprise me in the slightest. My memory is stunted! lol

Which one would you Choose?

The choice is relatively simple for me...AS #8 @ CGC 9.0

image_700_1_full.jpg

image_495_1_full.jpg

a "no brainer" for me too.....MF52 in a nano second! The 1st appearance of Wonder Woman, who does not even appear on the ugly cover of AS8.... zzz zzz

VS. a truly rare in grade, high grade copy of MF52 --- Golden Age Scarce Mega- Key with a killer cover that includes the 1st Spectre.. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

All Star 8 isn't even in the same league as More Fun 52....The Spectre uses All Star 8 as toilet paper!

Steve

WHy is it better than the DEntist? Eric has a few top copies, a killer Tec run, and a smattering of other keys. At least from what I see on the website. Dentists has tons of books, and has Aces to Eric's kings on most of the keys. including of course the Top Two.

What am I missing here?

We are getting off topic so I won't elaborate to much. The dentist doesn't have

Detective Comics 27 @ CGC 6.5

Detective Comics 27 @ CGC 7.5

Whiz 1 @ CGC 8.5

Tec 31 @ CGC 8.0

All-Star 8 @ CGC 9.0

Amazing Fantasy 15 @ CGC 9.6

More Fun 52 @ CGC 7.5

Sensation @ CGC 9.0

2 Copies of All America 16 @ CGC 5.5

TOS 39 @ CGC 9.4

+ The best run of Detective Comics in the world. Mostly Nova Scotia.

:cool:

OT yet on topic...to me...just because you have some really great CGC books doesn't mean you have the best collection...What rare books does he have???...What is the depth of his collection???... hm

I think the CGC mindset blinds a lot of people to view a persons collection as a whole...Take Bangzooms collection...now that's depth... :cloud9:

image_700_1_full.jpg

image_495_1_full.jpg

a "no brainer" for me too.....MF52 in a nano second! The 1st appearance of Wonder Woman, who does not even appear on the ugly cover of AS8.... zzz zzz

VS. a truly rare in grade, high grade copy of MF52 --- Golden Age Scarce Mega- Key with a killer cover that includes the 1st Spectre.. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

All Star 8 isn't even in the same league as More Fun 52....The Spectre uses All Star 8 as toilet paper!

Steve

All-Star 8 for many of the same reasons Steve took the MF. I mean, does anyone under 30 even know who the Spectre is anymore? Does anyone under 40 even care? The All Star is not only the more important book, but also the one with the better investment potential going forward. Wonder Woman will still be going strong in 50 years while the Spectre?....meh. meh

image_700_1_full.jpg

image_495_1_full.jpg

Steve

very well said.

for GA geeks, More Fun 52 is still a grail (for the reasons showcase said)...that said, for a modern "investment" return, AS 8 is hands down the better choice (for JTM reasons)....

I would say they are equal to me, but if I had to choose, I would choose AS 8 because of the future "value", but the "geek" in me would regret not taking the NF 52

rick

Interesting queston here.

Why is More Fun 52 more money than the 1st app of Wonder woman in All Star 8/?

The answer lies in All Star 8 is a very common book by goldenage standards and More Fun 52 is Rare by any standard.Plus it always helps to have the superhero on the cover of his 1st appearence which All Star 8 does not..

More Fun 52 by a huge margin here.

Interesting queston here.

Why is More Fun 52 more money than the 1st app of Wonder woman in All Star 8/?

The answer lies in All Star 8 is a very common book by goldenage standards and More Fun 52 is Rare by any standard.Plus it always helps to have the superhero on the cover of his 1st appearence which All Star 8 does not..

More Fun 52 by a huge margin here.

very true..there are far more AS 8's available, than MF 52 (likely 4 to 1 ratio).. if we are talking vg for vg, then MF 52 hand's down... but, as peter knows, AS 8 in a 9.0 is as rare as a MF 52 in 7.5 (just check the census)...so, then I have to look at the character, and the demand and popularity moving forward...

Spectre is basically non existant in the current DC storylines, while Wonder Woman continues to be #3...10 years from now, WW will likely still be #3, and thus, in my opinion, have more demand than MF 52...so, my choice was purely financially motivated :)

rick

image_700_1_full.jpg

image_495_1_full.jpg

Steve

very well said.

Whats funny is I think the More Fun cover is kinda pedestrian, while the AS8 is striking.

Eye of the beholder I guess.

Ze-