• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I think AS8 has the better cover (I am a huge fan when Sandman & Spectre appear together on a cover) , but MF52 is the book I'd pick. Since I was looking at my first Overstreet, at age 11, the Spectre leapt out as just too cool for school, and I have been charmed ever since...

For the record I think a few here (or at the least, me) felt AS8 was simply a better cover them MF52, I never said it was what book I would pick if I had to choose between the two. I personally could care less about W.W.

But Steve got me all in a bunch when he called the cover to AS8 mamby pamby superheros looking at a snow globe!

:sumo:

Comic Books.. doh!

Ze-

But Steve got me all in a bunch when he called the cover to AS8 mamby pamby superheros looking at a snow globe!

I don't blame you Zee...after all...it's a crystal ball not a snowglobe dammit!!!... :sumo:

Suspence # 3 Claim to fame is a Stuuning classic war cover and also being a very scarce book. Finding it complete is rare because tha pages were glued together, thus centerfolds missing are frequent...for all these reasons. Come on, amit it.That is some cover !

and I just don't see WW as having that big of a demand/appeal? I don't know of too many people that collect WW issues but most GA collectors here love Spectre MF's.

hello all...

I bet if we had a show of hands, who has a complete or is trying to complete the majority of a WW run (GA) versus the MF spectre run (just 52-67), the WW collectors would win hands down...why, because they are more available, and priced a whole lot less...

I know that coolj, probably jbcomicbox, maybe bangzoom and myself have a complete spectre run of MF (esquire could, but he is so darned picky!)...

but, just evidences by the WW thread, a far greater # of folks on this board actively collect WW/sensations vs MF... again, price and scarcity might have something to do with, but I think overall appeal does too

rick

Last August Heritage sold a #6 for under $418.25 includes BP. (Wonder Woman #6 Davis Crippen ("D" Copy) pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC FN- 5.5 Cream to off-white pages). This year I lost one at $900 (I miscalculated the time-zone difference and it ended before I could re-bid) WW's have been very difficult to find, and when I do, others are right there bidding with me.

and I just don't see WW as having that big of a demand/appeal? I don't know of too many people that collect WW issues but most GA collectors here love Spectre MF's.

hello all...

I bet if we had a show of hands, who has a complete or is trying to complete the majority of a WW run (GA) versus the MF spectre run (just 52-67), the WW collectors would win hands down...why, because they are more available, and priced a whole lot less...

I know that coolj, probably jbcomicbox, maybe bangzoom and myself have a complete spectre run of MF (esquire could, but he is so darned picky!)...

but, just evidences by the WW thread, a far greater # of folks on this board actively collect WW/sensations vs MF... again, price and scarcity might have something to do with, but I think overall appeal does too

rick

If WW/Sensation were priced liked Spectre MFs, then I think the pool of collectors would be quite shallow. As the prices are now I've no doubt there are more WW collectors.

this is a case where the detective in me would choose the AA 16....tec 38 is "common", and even in high grade, far more readily available than "any" unrestored AA 16 (gd or better)...

gator

Which would you choose?

image_39_1_full.jpg

image_499_1_full.jpg

The AA16....no doubt. Tec 38 is practically growing on trees ( although not in VF grade ), and I think ( but have not checked recently ) that a 5.5 AA16 is one of the highest graded unrestored copies. Robin's 1st appearance is very important....but is no match for the scarce 1st appearance of The Green Lantern!

AA16 = key

Tec38 = minor key

Steve

JV has the Mile High AA 16...told me it was likely a 9.4...but, outside of that, I don't know of another really nice copy (sacentaur has the next best one, I think)

rick