• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I would rather own a 'Tec 31 than a 27 - I'm a cover collector - not a key collector, and that particular 27 has too big a cover chip for me to consider it a true 4.0, but the lure of owning such a major key is awfully tempting. I would probably take the 27 - hold onto it for a while for bragging rights - and then sell it and buy a nice looking mid-grade 31 (among other books) with the proceeds.

this is a case where the detective in me would choose the AA 16....tec 38 is "common", and even in high grade, far more readily available than "any" unrestored AA 16 (gd or better)...

gator

I agree with Rick. And for the record I will take the MF 52 as well.

well, no kidding. you didn't call your stores "all star comics" did you?

why are so many of you SO sure there are THAT many AF15 9.6s out there? Isnt it asking a lot to think so many pristine copies would have survived from so early in the SA? I think it would signal "game over" to many of us if we ever got to a point where the census filled up to that extent... especially on the holy grail early key books.

I doubt there are very many. I've seen a couple in private collections that may be in that grade range, but can't be sure. There is a possibility of pressing a couple 9.2's or 9.4's on up though.

what is this "pressing" you're talking about?

What do you think a Blue label Action #1 8.5 would go for, tied with top of Census!

Would appriciate everyone's thoughts.

P

i've been offered tickets to the lsu/usc nat'l championship game in N.O. in exchange for my 8.5 Action 1. i turned it down.

What do you think a Blue label Action #1 8.5 would go for, tied with top of Census!

P

i've been offered tickets to the lsu/usc nat'l championship game in N.O. in exchange for my 8.5 Action 1. i turned it down.

yeah, at least an Action 1 you can enjoy...no point having tickets that will be fan made, as there is no way in heCGCll that the Tigers are going to the Nat Champ!....we all know it is Florida vs Texas :)

gator

P

yeah, at least an Action 1 you can enjoy...no point having tickets that will be fan made, as there is no way in heCGCll that the Tigers are going to the Nat Champ!....we all know it is Florida vs Texas :)

gator

I know it’s far away from Flordia Rick but there is this team in so cal that is supposed to be pretty good. Its just some small private school but I have heard there recruiting program has picked up. USC something I think is the school. I don't know though they’ve never been able to make it to the big game before, much less win it, so I guess we will wait and see huh.

:makepoint:

Edited by Socratic Wonder

Let's match up some Silver and Gold---- because it's my thread, so I can do whatever I want :makepoint:

Both sold within the past 18 months or so for approx. $17,000. Which one would you choose, and why ???

Showcase 4 for me...that name is just too cool to pass up!

Steve

43029-adven.jpg.1ffddafbe60e441c879c48483bcdd297.jpg

43030-showcase.jpg.e6fea034f63d5bc0e412e3b5ca3d24a5.jpg

Let's match up some Silver and Gold---- because it's my thread, so I can do whatever I want :makepoint:

Both sold within the past 18 months or so for approx. $17,000. Which one would you choose, and why ???

Showcase 4 for me...that name is just too cool to pass up!

Steve

I'd take the Showcase 4.

It's one I've wanted but never owned.

Without hesitation, the Tec # 31.

Highest graded. Good page quality. Awesome cover. What's not to like?

hold on cowboy!

Highest graded doesnt mean BEST Existing. Theres at least one better copy (Dentist?) and maybe more unslabbed as of today. So jumping on this 8.0 for that reason would be premature.

why are so many of you SO sure there are THAT many AF15 9.6s out there? Isnt it asking a lot to think so many pristine copies would have survived from so early in the SA? I think it would signal "game over" to many of us if we ever got to a point where the census filled up to that extent... especially on the holy grail early key books.

I doubt there are very many. I've seen a couple in private collections that may be in that grade range, but can't be sure. There is a possibility of pressing a couple 9.2's or 9.4's on up though.

glad Im not alone in doubting statements like those claiming lots more are out there. 9.4s amd 9.6s are extremely scarce that early. Im surprised so many have already surfaced.

Did J.V ever say if J.S ever owned it? I HOPE NOT.

If you take out your secret decoder ring you can easily figure out what im gettin at.

I believe he bought it direct, so no monkey stuff done to it

rick

Wish we could see scans of such mythical copies of these rare treasures. Didn't Bangzoom post a nice copy of AA#16 or am I thinking about his Adventure #40?

If you take out your secret decoder ring you can easily figure out what im gettin at.

rick

Wish we could see scans of such mythical copies of these rare treasures. Didn't Bangzoom post a nice copy of AA#16 or am I thinking about his Adventure #40?

I posted both.

rick

I posted both.

Do you mind reposting the AA#16, killer copy if I recall correctly. :cloud9: