• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I think the GL 76 is over rated. I would much rather have the GL 1. I think it is a sleeper book and will come into it's own one day. Maybe maybe not, but that's what I like.

Doc,

Have you ever read the book?I think the art and story are great.

That being said 9k is insane.Give me the GL 1.

D

Yes, I have. Yes, it is a very good story and yes the art is great, but $9,000 worth, no. Like I said, for that kind of money, give me the GL #1.

GL1 for me. I could buy an 8.0 GL76 that looks 9.2 from the front for $300-$350, no chance of getting a nic elooking GL1 for anything resembling cheap.

Same here. I would get a 6.0 GL #1 and take the extra money and get a real nice GL #76.

Edited by ashrael

GL 1, I have two or three nice VF/NM copies of GL 76 which I bought for around 10.00 each. Having a little nicer copy would not be worth the extra 9K. I would however love having another GA Key #1 unrestored!!!!

Excellent way to put it in perspective Schommy.

GL 1, I have two or three nice VF/NM copies of GL 76 which I bought for around 10.00 each. Having a little nicer copy would not be worth the extra 9K. I would however love having another GA Key #1 unrestored!!!!

that is why I don't understand "high" grade collectors...I mean, is a 9.4 really that much more different than a 9.2 or a 9.6...the money says it is, but from an aesthetic perspective, seems foolish to me (and I mean no disrespect to all you high grade guys and gals, just not my cup of tea)

gator

that is why I don't understand "high" grade collectors...I mean, is a 9.4 really that much more different than a 9.2 or a 9.6...the money says it is, but from an aesthetic perspective, seems foolish to me (and I mean no disrespect to all you high grade guys and gals, just not my cup of tea)

gator

:luhv:

gator

In terms of silver or bronze, one usually has a choice of grades. Do you want a 9.0? 9.2? 9.4? 2.5? The real choice is what you want to spend.

As for golden age the choices are much more limited. I choose very high grade because I like old books that look as close to original in color and paper quality as possible. If that can be acheived with a 7.0 or so then that is cool by me. But in many cases there are no copies that look really nice except pedigrees or uber-high grade. There is a ton of difference between a 9.4 and a 7.0.

gator

In terms of silver or bronze, one usually has a choice of grades. Do you want a 9.0? 9.2? 9.4? 2.5? The real choice is what you want to spend.

As for golden age the choices are much more limited. I choose very high grade because I like old books that look as close to original in color and paper quality as possible. If that can be acheived with a 7.0 or so then that is cool by me. But in many cases there are no copies that look really nice except pedigrees or uber-high grade. There is a ton of difference between a 9.4 and a 7.0.

I agree 100%...I should have clarified my statement to silver and bronze (I was specifically responding to GL 76 bronze)...I understand that in Gold, there is a huge difference, and, if I had the kind of bread you have, I would maybe put it into high grade gold...but, alas, I have to dredge through the restored and vg copies :baiting:

gator

...but, alas, I have to dredge through the restored and vg copies :baiting:

gator

I think you have done just fine, Big Boy.

BTW, when can I stop by to see your Marvel run? (Big time congrats!)

gator

I agree 100%...I should have clarified my statement to silver and bronze (I was specifically responding to GL 76 bronze)...I understand that in Gold, there is a huge difference, and, if I had the kind of bread you have, I would maybe put it into high grade gold...but, alas, I have to dredge through the restored and vg copies :baiting:

gator

I am still in shock after seeing a couple of his Jumbo Comics.....

I think if I saw his Timley's I would just faint (worship)

...but, alas, I have to dredge through the restored and vg copies :baiting:

gator

I think you have done just fine, Big Boy.

BTW, when can I stop by to see your Marvel run? (Big time congrats!)

you and the missus are welcome anytime (sold the beach condo though, so you would have to shack up in our little guest house)...all my geek buddies have an open invitation, I only need a phone call 24 hours in advance (to clean up)!

gator

gator

gator

I am still in shock after seeing a couple of his Jumbo Comics.....

I think if I saw his Timley's I would just faint (worship)

Bedrock already has one of the nicest Timely grouping I have seen...and, give him a little time, and only verzyl might top him one day (till he buys John out!)

gator

I will give you $20 for it and will even pay shipping! Come on, you don't need that many :baiting::angel::foryou:

Ok this is a real possibility for me and I would like some other opinions!

Keep in mind:

1.) these are both books I want to own one day.

2.) The difficulty of finding another copy in the future

3.) How desirable and valuable each will be in the future (in other words which one would cost me more to buy 5 years from now)

I know Tec #31 is worth a little more (FMV wise) right now but disregard that fact.

Thanks!

:foryou:

lf.jpg

Tec1.jpg