• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I guess I would have to take the Flash, only because there is such a disparity between conditioned copies...there are 3 bat 1 in 9.0 and a dozen+ more in "high grade", but there is only one MH Flash 1, and the next highest grade is a lone 8.5, then a couple of 6.5s then vg or lower...true, Flash is not at the same popularity level as Batman, but it is a more desirable book for me

gator

I'm with the gator on this one. (thumbs u

Steve;

Although I certainly agree with your point on the popularity of the Batman character over the Flash, I think Rick's point about availability of similar graded copies tips the scales towards the Flash.

It also doesn't hurt the fact that the Flash has the Church provenance attached to it while the Bats possibly has the Lauterbach provenance attached to it. It should also be pointed out the Flash #1 has already been vetted out by several restoration experts over the years and has always come up clean. This cannot be said for many of the other Church DC keys which have not been able to passed this test.

In addition, I feel that the $300K price is a bit over the top at this point in time for the Bats #1. Of course, I also think the $300K might be a bit high on the Flash as my sights would be more on a Action 1 or a 'Tec 27 when you are talking about dropping $300K on a book.

Yeah, I hear 'ya........so far I am the only person to choose the Bat. I just couldn't spend $300k on a grade and/or a Pedigree..........gotta love the superhero 1st and foremost ( again, for me ), and I have never really been a GA Flash fan ( not that there's anything wrong with that! ). So even though it's about 10 to 1......Bat #1 still for me! :cloud9:

I guess I would have to take the Flash, only because there is such a disparity between conditioned copies...there are 3 bat 1 in 9.0 and a dozen+ more in "high grade", but there is only one MH Flash 1, and the next highest grade is a lone 8.5, then a couple of 6.5s then vg or lower...true, Flash is not at the same popularity level as Batman, but it is a more desirable book for me

gator

I'm with Bill and Gator on this one as well :headbang:

Hi Rick.

there just wasnt a topic outthere that got my my blood pumpin until the Clink 300k sale. Did ya have a good holiday?

great holiday! hope you and your family did too!

gator

well, it has been rumored we share the same brain!

This is an interesting matchup. Shows you how little I know about the extreme HG market! lol I would have thought the Batman #1 would win in a walk.

I'd go with the Batman #1 in a heartbeat, because I love the book and the GA Flash doesn't do that much for me (similar to what Steve said), and heck, this is a fantasy game. I also have to wonder if the Batman book has more potential for value growth over time just because he is a first-tier character...i.e. projecting ahead 10-20 years, the potential customer base for the Flash may diminish at a faster rate.

The pedigree of the Flash does make it tougher, as it would be great to own a Church copy, but ultimately even the condition and pedigree bumps wouldn't be enough to sway me. They are both extremely nice books, but the Batman will always be a fave. Wrap up that Batman #1 and send it over!

I'd have to go with the Batman #1. Way more common, I know, But I like the book better. Plus there may be more high grade copies, but in the end there will be far more people who want batman #1. Thinking ten years down the road, tec27 will be untouchable, so Bat #1 becomes the attainable key in the public's eye. Batman continues his popularity, flash's continues to dwindle. There may be 20 High grade bats #1 at that point with 100 people wanting them, and 3 high grade Flash #1's with 5 people wanting them. Just a thought.

gator

I'm with Bill and Gator on this on as well :headbang:

(thumbs u

similar to what point5 said, sorry I didn't read your post 1st, not trying to steal your thunder!

None stolen. (thumbs u And anyway, good to have some backup as I prepare for this life-changing investment! lol

gator

hm ... :eek: ... :o

gator

transit times in shipping back and forth is the only real drawback.... bill is such a genious, he can spare 1/3 of his brain and that makes me smarter than the entire LSU campus!

gator

gator

transit times in shipping back and forth is the only real drawback.... bill is such a genious, he can spare 1/3 of his brain and that makes me smarter than the entire LSU campus!

gator

Where does that leave Billy Parker? (shrug)

gator

gator

good question...I guess the fact that parker is a grad, and not currently on campus, would help me out...because we all know parker is a dern genious compared to me , too

gator

gator

good question...I guess the fact that parker is a grad, and not currently on campus, would help me out...because we all know parker is a dern genious compared to me , too

It otay yous still be's smartest than me Rick! ;)

gator

gator

It otay yous still be's smartest than me Rick! ;)

thanks goodness for that :baiting: