• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

If anyone knows where that Silver Streak is, I will buy it right now. I was the underbidder, only because I was out of the country when the auction concluded.

(See, I can make a choice)

:applause:

I agree the prices are high on both, but if given the choice I'd take the Action 24. I always wanted a Church early Action. :cloud9:

my pastor frowns on early action in church :baiting:

both sold for $19,000 about 1 1/2 years ago.....which one would you choose, and why ???? ( Silver Streak graders notes: collection of Nicholas Cage )

If the way we are playing this "game" is you have cash in hand and must pick one of the two to buy then I would take the Silver Streak. That is a book that would stay in my collection for the long term.

If I were to choose to spend $41k on a funnybook, I'd choose batman 1. Why?

Batman 1. Iconic character. Higher mid-grade book. Wow factor.

Silver Streak, the Claw, or the GA Daredevil? Not iconic, at least to the vast majority of CURRENT collectors. Mile High - yes, incredible high grade, but of what title. Hitler - negative Q rating.

as a batman fan, I guess I would choose the bat 1...but, as discussed when the book was auctioned by heritage late last year, that book does not appear to me to be better than a 5.5 ? so, I think the price paid is excessive relative to the grade I consider it to be...a 9.4 MH is great, and I do like the DD v hitler book, but since I don't collect HG, I would still defer to bat 1

gator

as a batman fan, I guess I would choose the bat 1...but, as discussed when the book was auctioned by heritage late last year, that book does not appear to me to be better than a 5.5 ? so, I think the price paid is excessive relative to the grade I consider it to be...a 9.4 MH is great, and I do like the DD v hitler book, but since I don't collect HG, I would still defer to bat 1

gator

Pretty much what he said.

Both sold for approx. $41,000 in 2007. Which one would you choose, and why ????

Batman #1 all day long and twice on Sunday. It is an iconic book, the other is anectdotal.

Grade shmrade. Batman #1 is one of the greats of the great in comicdom.

Batman #1 all day long and twice on Sunday. It is an iconic book, the other is anectdotal.

Grade shmrade. Batman #1 is one of the greats of the great in comicdom.

Grade shmrade (thumbs u I'm in the Batman #1 camp as well for all the reasons already described.