• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

BTW, one word for you...ROBIN. :whistle:

Two words for you:

Toro

Bucky :blush:

No offense gents, but I think you both lost this argument. :eek:

or, in their case, they both won :devil:

I've been wanting to say this for a long time. Amazing Man #5 does absolutely nothing for me, whereas Cap #1 has everything going for it. There are a few other issues of Amazing Man that have some nice covers, that I would prefer to own over issue 5, even though it's a key.

pop a Cap in my azz !!

I think you're looking for the "Proctologist" thread over in general........ lol

I'll take the Cap also, but I'd like it in the mail and in my hand....my black hand.....

(tsk) the "which one would you choose" thread welcomes diversity, and does not tolerate any suggestions of ethnic bigotry

Who suggested otherwise?

I've been wanting to say this for a long time. Amazing Man #5 does absolutely nothing for me, .

I happen to think it is a marvelous book. :(

I think that is one of the cool things about collecting. There really is something for everyone.

I've been wanting to say this for a long time. Amazing Man #5 does absolutely nothing for me, .

I think that is one of the cool things about collecting. There really is something for everyone.

yeah...just think how quick this thread would have died if 100% of people always wanted the same book :insane:

tec 1 easy...I got to examine that book first hand, preslabbing...and here is a perfect example where "ext" is not a true appraisal of the book...it is a magnificant copy, and could have just as easily been moderate designated... and, it looks so nice for the money!

tec 1 easy...I got to examine that book first hand, preslabbing...and here is a perfect example where "ext" is not a true appraisal of the book...it is a magnificant copy, and could have just as easily been moderate designated... and, it looks so nice for the money!

Correct. The "Extensive" restoration was a quarter sized piece replacement.

Correct. The "Extensive" restoration was a quarter sized piece replacement.

Hey Bill, what a shame on that Tec book. I assume Matt did the work? ( bet he was not pleased it got extensive)

Makes me curious how much CT was done aside from the piece fill. Was the entire spine spilt (and then repaired?) If so I guess that is what it pushed it past moderate? (you have before scans.. would love to see them) Personally, I dont care if there are the usual suspects done to a book when restoring it(cleaned, sealed, reinforced etc). To me..a book with many procedures does not an extensive book make. But more how much one had to add to the book to bring it up to grade. Then again we are looking at it as moderate being more desireable then extensive..so I suppose it's hard to see things for what they are sometimes.

If that makes sense that is.

Either way, what a fantastic looking book. And would be the book I chose between the two.

:golfclap:

Based on the comments about the restoration, I'll take the 'Tec 1 for two reasons:

1. I would love to own a copy of that book; and

2. So I could crack it and read the Slam Bradley story.

yeah...just think how quick this thread would have died if 100% of people always wanted the same book :insane:

Or if a few wanted all of them.

'Tec 1 for me also as that is just such a key and iconic book. (thumbs u

In addition, I consider the Adventure #72 to be one of the most over-rated and overvalued DC GA books out there. Imagine a book like that guiding for $19K.

Now if it was a Adventure #73, that would be much more of a competition as I just love that classic Manhunter cover and also a very very HTF book. :cloud9: