• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

good question. closer to a draw for me than AA16. Id call it a tossup, but still lean toward the ACTION. But Best "second best Batman book" is a real fine piece.... and just about trumps the fifth best copy of the BEST comic...

good question. closer to a draw for me than AA16. Id call it a tossup, but still lean toward the ACTION. But Best "second best Batman book" is a real fine piece.... and just about trumps the fifth best copy of the BEST comic...

Thats what I think as well. Although Batman 1 has not been mentioned as one of the big keys (probably becuase it is pretty common), I wonder if a uber grade copy would trump a mid (but very nice) Action 1.

I'd give away every book I own for that Action 1 6.5. But I'd still take the AA 16 9.4 over the Action 1, in a split second and without thinking twice.

The Mile High AA 16 is too unique of a book to pass on, and is probably one of the 3 or 4 single most valuable comics in the hobby.

I'll take the 9.4 Bat 1 over that 6.5 Action 1.I would love a Bat 1 in that high of range, ct and all.The 6.5 Action has no notes, but it has flaws that bother me; staple tears, big bump at bottom right corner, top right scuffs, and heavy staining back lower cover.

I'll take the 9.4 AA 16 over that 6.5 Action 1 any day of the week. There is just no comparison there.

A better matchup would be the 8.5 Action 1 against the AA 16, then I would choose the Action, because it is a pretty book with more legs to move.

I'd give away every book I own for that Action 1 6.5. But I'd still take the AA 16 9.4 over the Action 1, in a split second and without thinking twice.

The Mile High AA 16 is too unique of a book to pass on, and is probably one of the 3 or 4 single most valuable comics in the hobby.

I certainly agree with Adam.

So, let's rank them. I don't live at the "top of the market", much more of a bottom feeder, but here are some of the ones I know about.

Hopefully the deep pockets here will re-order and add to this list please

1. Action 1 - Church

2. Tec 27 - Allentown

3. Marvel 1 - Church

4. Flash 1 - Church

5. AA 16 - Church

I would definitely move the Church AA16 above the Church Flash #1.

In fact I would move the 2nd best Action 1 and Tec27 above it also.

The first two are easy, but the next group would consist of the Church AA16, Church Marvel 1, best Superman 1, and the 2nd best Action 1 & Tec 27. The prices on those really are bundled pretty close together and whichever one is #3 today could be #7 on Thursday without an change in valuation.

Everything else (including the Church Flash 1, Allentown Cap 1, Church Tec 27, Paycopy Marvel 1 and whatever other books you can think of) start at #8 and go from there.

I would definitely move the Church AA16 above the Church Flash #1.

In fact I would move the 2nd best Action 1 and Tec27 above it also.

The first two are easy, but the next group would consist of the Church AA16, Church Marvel 1, best Superman 1, and the 2nd best Action 1 & Tec 27. The prices on those really are bundled pretty close together and whichever one is #3 today could be #7 on Thursday without an change in valuation.

Everything else (including the Church Flash 1, Allentown Cap 1, Church Tec 27, Paycopy Marvel 1 and whatever other books you can think of) start at #8 and go from there.

Deep pockets on cue .... :baiting:

:grin:

Detective Comics # 27 CGC 8.0 Blue label or the Church Marvel 1... 9.6 ???

That would be a super easy one since that Tec 27 isn't the 2nd nicest copy eluded to above (and maybe not even the 3rd) - take the Church Marvel 1.

That one is tough.The Tec 27 would have more appeal to a pure investor I would think,someone outside the hobby.The MC 1 would probably be restricted more to a collector/investor level.The MC 1 would probably fetch more now,but time would probably be kinder to the Tec 27.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Lets try this one

Detective Comics # 27 CGC 8.0 Blue label or the Church Marvel 1... 9.6 ???

I take it the MC#1 is a November copy, anyone know for sure? I'd still go for the MC#1 regardless, just too high grade of a copy and the most significant Marvel/Timley comic of the all time to pass on.