• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

the Marvel #1 is a sweet book, nice colors and PQ.

but I'll take the Action #1 just on PQ alone, it's a PLOD, but you don't see too many Action #1s with off-white to white or better PQ.

6.5 unrestored cgc ACTION # 1

If the AA16 really just sold for anywhere north of 600K, then immediately that validates a 6.5 Blue Action 1 as worth that much or more, with a heckuva lot more upside to come.

If the AA16 really just sold for anywhere north of 600K, then immediately that validates a 6.5 Blue Action 1 as worth that much or more, with a heckuva lot more upside to come.

Someone wrote earlier that the owner was offered $800K for the AA16 and passed

Here's why I picked the AA 16.

1. Highest graded copy

2. NM from 1940

3. First GL, though not bigger than Superman and Batman, he's still a 1st tier character

4. Mile High

5. OW/W pages

6. No question about its grade

7. Most likely will remain the best copy of the comic

8. Tough book to get in HG

No here's why I didnt pick the Action 1 over it

1. 4 or 5th? best known copy

2. High Mid-grade

3. Likely better copies will surface eventually

While it is the grail of all grails and easily the best and most important comic out there, its a 6.5. If the book was a 8.0 I would choose the Action 1 easily. I'll take the sweet NM Mile High key of a book thats hard to find in HG than a High Mid-grade copy of the grail of all grails

O.k. How about this one ...

My 6.5 unrestored cgc ACTION # 1 Or The Mile High 9.4 cgc unrestored AA 16 ?

Your Action 1 in 1/millionth of a second

Ditto. It's the holy of holies. Even though I prefer SA to GA, the historical significance can't be touched.

Wow I am shocked that everyone is picking Action 1 :o

I would love that 6.5 Action #1....but a Mile High Key is one of a kind and can never be replaced. You can find another unrestored Action #1 if you have the money and some patience.

AA 16 with no hesitation!

.....but if I did have that kinda money to spend on some funny books, I would be pulling a Bedrock and take both!

unrestored action 1 above 6.5 is getting close to one of a kind.. sure there are a very few better copies but I bet you they will be in blue labels with a dot of this or a dot of that...this is already being hinted to on the census as the only 2 copies graded above the 6.5 BOTH have negitive notes attached to them. The 7.5 has very slight color and the 8.5 has rusted staples

you cant vote cause its your book! lol

ACTION 1 WINS BECAUSE ITS ACTION 1.

AA16 loses because its AA16.

If it were a 9.4 Tec 27 vs a 6.5 Action 1 Id take the Batman.

The problem is that Green Lantern is far from the brand Supes and Bats are.

unrestored action 1 above 6.5 is getting close to one of a kind.. sure there are a very few better copies but I bet you they will be in blue labels with a dot of this or a dot of that...this is already being hinted to on the census as the only 2 copies graded above the 6.5 BOTH have negitive notes attached to them. The 7.5 has very slight color and the 8.5 has rusted staples

Well yours used to be a 5.5, so it has that stigma attached. (shrug)

O.k. How about this one ...

My 6.5 unrestored cgc ACTION # 1 Or The Mile High 9.4 cgc unrestored AA 16 ?

I'll take the AA#16 because I don't think someone would pay $800K+ for the Action #1. If what Verzyl said is true then take the AA#16 and flip it. Plus there is 8 other copies of Action #1 in the CGC census from 4.0 to 6.5 so I'm pretty sure if you wanted you could track one of those down as a replacement.

Edited by Silver Surfer