• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

BTW, I just heard that there was a reported sale of a raw 6.5 Marvel 9 for $35K :o

No kidding?

Yeah. I can't believe someone around here hasn't brought it up before. (shrug)

BTW, I just heard that there was a reported sale of a raw 6.5 Marvel 9 for $35K :o

No kidding?

Yeah. I can't believe someone around here hasn't brought it up before. (shrug)

:sorry:

Which would you choose, mere mortals edition!

Both of these are about VG and would sell for about $30 based on OS.

Daring Adventure 12, cover is eye-gougingly ugly but the book has reprinted Matt Baker Phantom Lady goodness inside.

Daring-Adventures.jpg

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 134. Carl Barks and the first appearance of the most dastardly of villains, the Beagle Boys.

WDCS134.jpg

Walt Disney Comics, I love pumpkin pie

(thumbs u

And Beagle Boys!

I'm guessing the PL reprints can usually be found for less than guide, and the 1st Beagle Boys sells for at least guide, so I'll go with the WDC&S - besides I already have the Daring.

I already have the DARING ADVENTURES, but I'd much rather have the WDCS. I love Halloween covers! :cloud9:

Edited by Doiby_Dickles

MMC 9: I love the other cover, but that old Timely is just too cool and more lasting appeal

Walt Disney 134: Finally, a comic I actually own! Beagle Boys were great.

Edited by ashrael

MMC 9: I love the other cover, but that old Timely is just too cool and more lasting appeal

Walt Disney 134: Finally, I comic I actually own! Beagle Boys were great.

Same choices though I don't own either ...................yet

Some of the best Barks covers are from this period. The original art to #133 (which is even better than #134) is the only known surviving WDCS cover prior to 1960 that I am missing in my collection (posted a photo of the other two in another thread a few days ago). The penmanship on these covers is unbelievably clean and "perfect". Every time I look at them, I wonder how they could have been drawn by a human: it looks like Adobe Illustrator vector artwork that has been printed out. So, I vote for the WDCS as well.

No love for the GGA. :sorry:

I'm going to post another "mere mortals edition" shortly. (Need to scan book #2.) This made me realize how much effort Showcase-4 puts into picking books to make the choice difficlt and conversation-provoking. Kudos to him for a fun game.

No love for the GGA. :sorry:

I'm going to post another "mere mortals edition" shortly. (Need to scan book #2.) This made me realize how much effort Showcase-4 puts into picking books to make the choice difficlt and conversation-provoking. Kudos to him for a fun game.

Back when Showcase-4 was just Showcase-2, he had a much harder time creating tough choices so don't get discouraged. (thumbs u